PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia...

ha98ed14
04-03-2009, 06:55 AM
Sucks.

DD wakes up about 2 night per week. I know other families have this every night. My problem is that I can't go back to sleep after tending to DD. She gets to go back to sleep, but I am alone with my thoughts in the dark. Everything seems worse at 3 AM!

niccig
04-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Sucks.

DD wakes up about 2 night per week. I know other families have this every night. My problem is that I can't go back to sleep after tending to DD. She gets to go back to sleep, but I am alone with my thoughts in the dark. Everything seems worse at 3 AM!

Oh...I feel you for you. It totally sucks. Now that DS has a big boy bed, I crawl in with him. He goes back to sleep and so do I..well sort of, between the bright night light and the arm/leg flailing. How can he be lying beside me and manage to KICK me in the face.

Any chance of a lie down for you during her nap today???

kijip
04-03-2009, 08:12 PM
:hug: from a fellow periodic insomniac. I was like this prebaby and still post baby and F (ducking for cover) sleeps all the way through the night so I HAVE NO REASON to wake up...but I still do. Ugh!

niccig
04-03-2009, 10:00 PM
I've used melatonin with some success. I take it when on thyroid insomnia jag. It's enough to get to sleep, but not so soundly that I won't hear DS. If it's early in the morning, say 1 or 2, I'll take 1/2 a tablet. Dr. had me on ambien but I had no memory. Turned out DH would be quite thankful the next day and I'd be "What? Did we do something". He would be very disappointed that I didn't remember waking him up. 1/2 tablet of ambien doesn't have that effect...