PDA

View Full Version : Britax Vigour and Companion

Hawkeyewife
04-03-2009, 09:43 AM
I am planning on selling my old Venezia this spring in a yard sale but need a good reversible stroller. I saw the Britax Vigour on sale at Albeebaby.com and with the Companion car seat it will run a little over $400. They also have a Quinny 3/Maxi Cosi travel set which runs about $300 more (I can't justify that price though it looks nice).

For #3, I chose not to purchase an infant seat and "wore" him when we ran errands. This wasn't a problem since I still had my other two children at home with me at the time and we made do. When #4 arrives, school will have just begun and I will be carpooling and taking the two big kids to activities and school and the convenience of a infant seat/stroller for short in and out trips may be a sanity saver.

I have been looking for Vigour reviews and they are mixed, I do like the Companion car seat though. Does anybody have this combo? Two of my SILs have the Chicco Keyfit Travel system. After 6 years with my Venezia, those systems are not too appealing.

codex57
04-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Most reviews I've seen tend to not like the Vigour. THe car seat nerds (of which I'm now prolly included) really dislike the Britax Companion seat. I think only the Peg infant seat seems to arouse more hatred, likely cuz the Britax convertible/booster seats are so good that the Companion is just the black sheep of the Britax family.

Hawkeyewife
04-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Thanks! After my post I did some more thinking and the negative reviews made me take the Vigour/Companion combo off the list. I am still looking for something to replace my old Venezia though for when #4 arrives. I am looking for a travel system quality too for quick in and out trips especially when I'll be taking my other kids to and from school (though I have never been a fan of travel systems).

Some of the strollers on my list:

Mia Moda Atmosferra - I like the features and the You Tube reviews seem good, not sure of thier infant car seat though

Maxi Cosi Foray - Similar to the Atmosferra, love the zippable rainhood, I like the maxi cosi carseat much better! About $100 more than the Mia Moda combo

Peg Perego Pliko Switch - I do love Peg strollers and like the features of the Peg, compact fold is nice. I had a Primo Viaggio that I used for my first two babies, it was okay, only use it for the first 6 months or so. At at total cost of $775 for the combo, the most expensive system by far, almost double of the Mia Moda set.

I have some time to think about this, I hate that I am obsessing over strollers but my Venezia is getting old (it's been everywhere and definitely done a good job) and my husband drove over one of the wheels of my almost 4 yr old Iglesina Twin Swift last week (I am buying a used Bob from a neighbor to replace it). This will be my second and last single stroller I will be purchasing and figure we'll be using it regularly for the next 3 and a half years. I am leaning towards the Maxi Cosi Foray at this point but want to wait for a sale or discount code etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

codex57
04-07-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm not sure which ones they were, but I've encountered a few Mia Modas out in public. Always loved by the parents. One was the only one that allowed their daughter to sit comfortably cuz she had to wear special braces. The open design allowed it while all other strollers are like buckets and couldn't be used. It might have been the one that folds up all small like a carryon.

Hawkeyewife
04-08-2009, 11:35 AM
I ended up getting the Quinny Buzz in Capri for $379 (from babycatalog.com) and the Maxi Cosi car seat in Ocean for $129 (from albeebaby.com). Both were free shipping. I hope they work out, if not I still have time to return and keep trying.

I'll write a review when I get them.

strollerqueen
04-08-2009, 01:49 PM
I think the Buzz is really nice. Always look for deals, or for gently used ones.