PDA

View Full Version : The great escape!!! Help me!!

ellier
04-03-2009, 07:38 PM
My 2 year old son Just HATES being restrained! My husband and i have tried everything. Everytime we want him in his stroller its just another fuss to the point where one of us has to hold him down while the other straps him in! I have tried tightening the straps as much as possible, he has a secure 5- point harness which he can easily wriggle out of! We have to drag him kicking and screaming to his car seat/ stroller / high chair! I dont even attempt to un-strap him in public or i will never get him back in, iv'e even had to get strangers to help me wrestle him in, hold him down, and strap up!!

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do and where i can find a harness that does up at the back, or a stronger 'escape - proof' harness!

HELP ME!!!

MamaKath
04-03-2009, 08:55 PM
What kind of stroller are you using? Have you tried any others? Some kids hate the angle or feel of a seat, want to see a parent to feel secure, may not like things like the height, etc. Can you try a different stroller with a different harness (like Mac if you are using Peg or Peg if you are using Mac, etc)? How about a reins type harness, like the ClippaSafe? Those would be put on prior to going out, then the clips go to the harness that is already being worn by the child.

Hang in there!

MamaKath
04-03-2009, 08:56 PM
How about a reins type harness, like the ClippaSafe? Those would be put on prior to going out, then the clips go to the harness that is already being worn by the child.

This is what I mean...
http://www.footmuffsandbibs.co.uk/premium-clippasafe-leather-white-reins-baby-pram-highchair-329-p.asp

strollerqueen
04-04-2009, 01:35 AM
Criss-cross the straps. Even the most Houdini-est kids can't get out, lol!

ellier
04-04-2009, 07:18 AM
thankyou all so much!! xxx

MamaKath
04-05-2009, 08:14 AM
A friend of mine with a real houdini was telling me she loves her Chariot bike trailer with stroller attachment since hers can't get out of the tent like top even if he escapes the straps.

Just another thought...

WatchingThemGrow
04-05-2009, 02:10 PM
We had the same type of problem with DD for a while. I've found that distracting her with a fascinating toy, a cup of milk, a snack or the like really fooled her, enabling us to get her into whatever device it was.