PDA

View Full Version : My Dilemma!! What beside BJCM?

mom to little e
04-03-2009, 08:35 PM
After a great deal of research, I think that the BJ City Mini would be a great stroller for us. However, I only really like one of the colors (color is actually a big factor for me), the Green with gray. My problem is that a good friend of mine, with a son six weeks older than mine, who lives in the same neighborhood, would have the very same stroller, same color. I don't think she would mind terribly but it might bother her some, as it probably would bug me a bit. She was the one that introduced the stroller to me and I would hate to copy exactly what she has. :(

Any advice? Is there anything comprable? For me, the price was great, I LOVE the weight and fold, and LOVE LOVE LOVE the sun canopy (we live near the beach and so this is really important).

What should I do?

MamaKath
04-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Are the skins something that can be switched out? Could you get the sand color and then get either green canopy or seat to go with it? Would you be willing to go with a different BJ model in the same color (you mention beach, so air tires come to mind for me)?

I would think she would be flattered. You can also accessorize with other items (diaper bag off the back, etc) that will keep it from being the "same".

Melbel
04-03-2009, 09:07 PM
I have the BJCM in green/grey and would not mind at all if a friend purchased the same exact stroller. Great minds think alike! I took DD2 to the beach today as a matter of fact and used my stroller. Air tires would probably be a bit easier on the sand, but my BJ Q series is heavier and does not have as good of a shade. If you are not sure, I would ask your friend first to be sure! I like the idea of accessorizing it for individuality.

WatchingThemGrow
04-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Did you see the other colors offered at AlbeeBaby.com http://www.albeebaby.com/babyjogger.html There are brown and a tan specially made ones for them.

We have an orange, which is quite fun ;) Our Elite is 100x better on sand/trails, outdoors than our Mini is. And...our almost 3 year old doesn't look like a giant in it.

strollerqueen
04-04-2009, 01:32 AM
The Valco Twin Latitude is similar. Has a bigger basket, more accessories, and a legrest for younger children.

www.valcobaby.com

mom to little e
04-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Are the skins something that can be switched out? Could you get the sand color and then get either green canopy or seat to go with it? Would you be willing to go with a different BJ model in the same color (you mention beach, so air tires come to mind for me)?

I would think she would be flattered. You can also accessorize with other items (diaper bag off the back, etc) that will keep it from being the "same".

I'm not sure if the skins can be switched out or not? I'll have to check that out. We already have a P&T e3 and a Chariot with the bike/jogger/and stroller option, so I think I am pretty well set for outside but the sunny weather makes the large canopy so appealing. I was trying to use the BJCM as a replacement for an old (five years) Silver Cross Cambden stroller and Silver Cross Mini umbrella stoller - kind of have it replace the two.

mom to little e
04-04-2009, 08:09 AM
I have the BJCM in green/grey and would not mind at all if a friend purchased the same exact stroller. Great minds think alike! I took DD2 to the beach today as a matter of fact and used my stroller. Air tires would probably be a bit easier on the sand, but my BJ Q series is heavier and does not have as good of a shade. If you are not sure, I would ask your friend first to be sure! I like the idea of accessorizing it for individuality.

Great minds do think alike and I think she and I would probably have the same accessories, too! :) You are right that I could just go ahead and ask her to see if she minds.

mom to little e
04-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Did you see the other colors offered at AlbeeBaby.com http://www.albeebaby.com/babyjogger.html There are brown and a tan specially made ones for them.

We have an orange, which is quite fun ;) Our Elite is 100x better on sand/trails, outdoors than our Mini is. And...our almost 3 year old doesn't look like a giant in it.

I'll check out AlbeeBaby, too. Thanks! I just wish they had a blue or bright blue!

mom to little e
04-04-2009, 08:18 AM
The Valco Twin Latitude is similar. Has a bigger basket, more accessories, and a legrest for younger children.

www.valcobaby.com

Ah, StrollerQueen...(my hero!), I was going to come over to StrollerLand and see what you thought. I'll check out the Valco. Thanks for the suggestion.

I think my biggest concerns are:
large sunshade
easy to steer
comfy for the kiddo
decent style/fun color (makes me sound shallow!)

Secondary concerns are:
decent to fold
decent on the weight (to get it in/out of the car)
decent basket

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I am hoping to use this as a two for one - replacing an old Silver Cross conventional stroller and an old Silver Cross umbrella stroller. Mostly this will be used for trips around town and errands rather than long walks. Although, we have an upcoming trip to Sea World/Disney that I'd like to take it along.

Any other ideas?

WatchingThemGrow
04-04-2009, 08:56 AM
The Mini came in a bright blue last year. I wonder if there is any way to get your hands on one of the older models... or even a set of fabrics from BJ?

todzwife
04-04-2009, 12:14 PM
If you decide to go with the mini, remember that upsideover.com has 20% off. I got mine for $183 shipped!

codex57
04-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Great minds do think alike and I think she and I would probably have the same accessories, too! :) You are right that I could just go ahead and ask her to see if she minds.

I'd open with how you're sooo thankful she introduced you to the stroller, but the only color you like is the one she's already got. Subtle flattery. Then ask if she minds if you "match" her. That oughta butter her up enough that she says yes.