PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed at myself

KrisM
04-03-2009, 11:12 PM
I've been purging and sorting and cleaning. I'm doing well. I gathered all papers that needed going through and sorted them for filing. In the process, I put stuff that I wanted in the safe in a pile - savings bonds and DS2's social security card. Now, I can't remember where I put that file! I did not put it in the safe because DH had a project in his workshop that blocked access to the safe. So, I remember putting it somewhere so that it would get put in the safe soon. Who knows where? I need to find it in the next 12 days so I can file taxes! Grr. It was easier when things were a complete mess.

squimp
04-04-2009, 12:14 AM
Man, I hate when I do that! I'm always organizing things into oblivion. I hope you find the papers.

caleymama
04-04-2009, 07:45 AM
I have so BTDT. Currently I can't find the some important paperwork for our house. I know I have it, but it's not in any of the places I thought I had put it. :52:

Good luck!

DrSally
04-04-2009, 10:51 AM
I hate that when that happens!! Not nearly as big a deal as your situation, but I bought a gift for my sister for her bday coming up, and I can't for the life of me find it!

KrisM
04-04-2009, 10:56 AM
I hate that when that happens!! Not nearly as big a deal as your situation, but I bought a gift for my sister for her bday coming up, and I can't for the life of me find it!

I've done that before, too. Hate it.

niccig
04-04-2009, 12:37 PM
You will find it. And when you do, it will be in an obvious place that you never thought to look. At least that is what happens to me!

KrisM
04-04-2009, 09:00 PM
You will find it. And when you do, it will be in an obvious place that you never thought to look. At least that is what happens to me!

You know, I blame you :D.

I did find it today. Turns out I put it back in with all the sorted papers and it was between medical and life insurance :). Now, they are in the safe!

niccig
04-04-2009, 09:46 PM
You know, I blame you :D.

I did find it today. Turns out I put it back in with all the sorted papers and it was between medical and life insurance :). Now, they are in the safe!

In my defense, I recall saying that while you're in the process of cleaning up, things get worse as 1/2 is organized and the other half isn't. :loveeyes:

I'm in the same situation actually. Not quite all done with the paperwork. But once I am, it will be easier..

KrisM
04-04-2009, 10:07 PM
In my defense, I recall saying that while you're in the process of cleaning up, things get worse as 1/2 is organized and the other half isn't. :loveeyes:

I'm in the same situation actually. Not quite all done with the paperwork. But once I am, it will be easier..

I did what you suggested and dumped all papers in a bin. It really did work well. I have only done the rough sort into piles of like types of things, but now I can do each of those sections into smaller piles - divide medical into each person, etc.

Overall, it's much better. DD is in her own room again (they had asked to share a year or so ago). Her room had been a dumping point for outgrown clothes, toy deals, etc. It's looking really good. My office is decent and everything is overall much better than 2 months ago. I'm getting there!

niccig
04-05-2009, 01:29 AM
I did what you suggested and dumped all papers in a bin. It really did work well. I have only done the rough sort into piles of like types of things, but now I can do each of those sections into smaller piles - divide medical into each person, etc.

Overall, it's much better. DD is in her own room again (they had asked to share a year or so ago). Her room had been a dumping point for outgrown clothes, toy deals, etc. It's looking really good. My office is decent and everything is overall much better than 2 months ago. I'm getting there!

You motivate me too. I cleaned out the garage. It's not quite done, but I can move around in there and DH can get to the exercise machine. So, better than what it's been like. I was going to attack DS's toys this weekend. DH is at the Final Four, so I have the nights once DS is asleep. But I've got this awful cold and can only manage to feed us and keep things semi-clean...and be on the BBB of course.

KrisM
04-05-2009, 08:43 AM
You motivate me too. I cleaned out the garage. It's not quite done, but I can move around in there and DH can get to the exercise machine. So, better than what it's been like. I was going to attack DS's toys this weekend. DH is at the Final Four, so I have the nights once DS is asleep. But I've got this awful cold and can only manage to feed us and keep things semi-clean...and be on the BBB of course.

Good job! DH cleaned ours yesterday - moved the snow blower out and the lawn mower in. We nearly always get 2 cars in ours though.

I'll be watching the final four. We didn't want to brave the traffic and go down there!