PDA

View Full Version : Help me help my neighbor

Tondi G
04-04-2009, 12:25 AM
She is due with her first and is in stroller buying H*LL. She is ready to just give up! LOL I remember being there too!

So she likes our 2 other neighbors Bugaboo's of course but she is not totally sold on them cause she really doesn't "need" the air tires and one of our neighbors has had a flat and dislikes having to pump tires when they need some extra air. She got a Mac for her car and finds herself using it more and more as her little one grows... of course!

SO here is what she wants in a stroller at this point... she assuming she will buy a more umbrella style stroller for her car/ indoor errands later.

She likes the bassinette option, she would like a stroller that has either reversible handles or a reversible seat so she can have baby face her or out later on. She loves that the one neighbor has the car seat thing so she can use that in the beginning so she won't have to wake a sleeping baby for quick errands etc.

I know that a TON of new strollers have come out since I was looking 4+ years ago! I am not 100% sure of what her budget is but her DH makes a nice living and she didn't say anything about not loving the price of the Bug! My neighbor told her to look at the Bumbleride strollers but I remember hearing they are heavy and not that great.

WOW... no help in 24 hours huh. BUMMER! Glad I'm not looking for advise for myself. This board was much more helpful when I was researching 8 years ago! I sent her some links to things I thought fit the bill for her. She seems most interested in the Pliko switch. Hope I didn't steer her in the wrong direction! Anyone own a Switch and like it or dislike it????

SO what direction should I point her in? Quinny Buzz?, Valco rad?, Uppa Baby Vista? Pliko Switch?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

~Tondi