PDA

View Full Version : Extra-wide or loveseat gliders?

spj123
04-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Anyone else looking for something like this? Since we're expecting our second baby and DS will be pretty young when DD arrives, I'd like him to be able to sit w/us in her nursery when I'm nursing or rocking her before a nap or something. The Pottery Barn Kids Lullaby Family Rocker (like a loveseat glider) seems great but not sure it's worth the $. Little Castle (I think?) also has a chair-and-a-half glider that seems about the same size as the PBK one. Those are the only two I've found so far and they're both so expensive. Has anyone else found anything similar? I also wonder if it might be better to just buy a stationary loveseat or extra-big chair for the nursery, not sure it needs to rock, although I'd like it to.. Dunno. Any ideas? :)

BeachBum
04-05-2009, 07:23 AM
I have the Little Castle one and am very happy with it.

infomama
04-05-2009, 07:30 AM
I looked and looked for one of those before DD2 was born and it's slim pickins out there. We ended up getting a big rocking recliner this time and I'm happy with it. I like the rocking feature but I suppose it's personal preference. DD1 actually doesn't try to sit with us as much as I anticipated she would.

spj123
04-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Beachbum, may I ask if you've found the Little Castle one to be roomy enough for you with a newborn plus a toddler (and/or plus DH?). Also does it "glide" or is it more like a rocker? Did you find a good deal anywhere or find it in any stores to try out? Thanks! :)

Thanks Infomama, glad to hear maybe it won't be an issue if we don't get one that will fit all of us. I'm so torn on whether we'll need this - I kinda want to wait until DC#2 arrives to see how much we do/don't really need something like this, but I also don't want to not have anything for the new nursery once those nighttime feedings begin. :)

WatchingThemGrow
04-06-2009, 09:41 PM
We have one of the Grande Dutailiers and it is roomy enough for pg me, DD and skinny DS, so I'd check those out if you can. We've really loved it. They had it at USA Baby - a 919 series, maybe, can't remember...

ThreeofUs
04-06-2009, 10:00 PM
We looked and looked for one of these that was comfy and welcoming, but just couldn't seem to find something that "spoke" to us. Then we found a Barcalounger at Costco. Pretty darn roomy, and very cozy. It rocks, glides, turns, and reclines.