PDA

View Full Version : MIL, please don't tell the WHOLE mall my DC's names!

AJP
04-05-2009, 07:36 AM
What the heck is wrong w/her? We went to the mall w/her to kill some time and b/c she's been harassing me about buying the girls an outfit w/some Gap coupons she had. So every single person who stops to comment on the "cute twins" gets an introduction including their names. WTF, I have told her in the past how I don't want them growing up thinking they are some kind of freak show or want them thinking its normal for everyone to know who they are. Not to mention I don't want them thinking its ok to tell any stranger their name!!! I mean, when mell meaning old ladies stop me to admire them and they ask their names, I feel strange. She actually tells people "this is xxxxx and this is yyy" as soon as they say, "oh look, twins". I think this is now a job for DH to handle. She's so absent-minded that she does not remember us talking about this a few months ago. She is in lala land apparently about the safety of her g-kids. I was taught as a child to respect people, but at the same time that no random person needs to know my name.
AJ

kozachka
04-05-2009, 10:07 AM
I think MIL is just super excited about going out with her g-kids but if it bothers you, I'd have DH talk to her about it. She probably needs a reminder.

Ceepa
04-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Play the "oh, you know I just read somewhere" role and mention that it's safer for DC not to give their names to people you meet when out.