PDA

View Full Version : stroller for 55 pounds+

jschoff
04-05-2009, 10:42 AM
My son is just about to turn 4 and is already 52 pounds and 44" tall. We currently have a Valco Buggster and a Zooper Boogie. He's outgrown the Boogie and I am going to sell it. He still fits in the Buggster but it's getting hard to push. I'm wondering if there is a better option? We just need something lightweight for all-day outings at the zoo, amusement park, etc. He mostly walks but eventually gets tired and needs a ride. I guess ease of pushing would be my top concern, second would be weight/foldability so that I can easily get it in and out of my trunk. Should I consider a wagon at this point too? Or are those even more of a pain to lug around?

TIA,
Jill

bubbaray
04-05-2009, 11:12 AM
MBUS goes up to 100lbs.

KHF
04-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Baby Joggers (not the Mini) go to 75 lbs. I'm not thinking our daughter will want to ride in the stroller much past that. We have a City Series Single and a City Elite double that we love. And you cannot beat the easy fold.

pastrygirl
04-05-2009, 05:07 PM
BOB Revolution goes high, but my son was practically outgrowing it by height at 2.5 years old. I sold it for a Valco Rad, but that's not a lightweight stroller. I only got it because I have #2 on the way. If I wanted to trade like-for-like, I would've replaced the BOB with a Baby Jogger, which supposedly has a very tall seat.

clc053103
04-05-2009, 07:07 PM
I am happy to see your post, as my DS is that size also and he will be 4 this summer! Here's to big boys!

I have a BJCS and can push DS for long walks with ease, no issues with head room either. Also just got a Volo for Disney and long mall trips and am happy with it, easy to push, easy to fold, small in the car trunk and very lightweight. take DS to babiesrus and try it (but if you want a deal, buy online, you can get 07's pretty darn cheap!).