PDA

View Full Version : Is the Baby Jogger City Classic Double right for me?

arivecchi
04-05-2009, 06:45 PM
I need some input before I order as I do not want to mess up again. I have a Valco TriMode and a Maclaren Triumph. I love how rugged and stable the Valco is, but don't like how difficult it is to fold and put in the car. I love the Maclaren because it is so light and easy to fold and travel with. However, the wheels are awful in the snow and ice and I live in Chicago. I decided to get an Instep Safari Double because it seemed like a combo of my two singles, rugged like the Valco but lightweight like the Maclaren and seemed like a good value. Well.....while I really liked it, my 28 month old son was too big for it and hated it. He must be about 39-40 inches tall. Is the BJCCD the answer to my prayers? Will he be comfortable in it and have room to grow? I've never seen one in person but found a great deal online for one.

arivecchi
04-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Also, do you recommend the parent console or the belly bar if I purchase it?

huskermama77
04-05-2009, 10:27 PM
I am also in Chicagoland and just got the BJCCD. I am really liking it so far. It is for my 2 1/2 year old (37 in) and 8 month old. There is plenty of room for my older son to grow. That is one of the main reasons I picked this stroller in addition to the easy push, big seperate canopies and easy fold. My only complaint would be that it is a little heavy, but manageable for getting in and out of the car. I did not purchase the parent console or belly bar.

bubbaray
04-05-2009, 10:36 PM
THe BJCSD has a higher canopy than the MBUD or the BOB Duallie, so it should fit your DS as long as possible. I'm not sure how it compares to the Elite Double.

Momof3Labs
04-05-2009, 10:48 PM
I just received my BJCED and my 3yo who is probably about 39" tall but VERY long in the torso fits just fine in it (he's about 34lbs so pretty skinny). I'd guess that he would fit in it for another year but didn't look closely as he is not one of the intended passengers (he's basically out of strollers except for WDW, etc.).

WatchingThemGrow
04-05-2009, 10:56 PM
You may want to call BJ and ask about the differences between the Classic and the Elite. For the ice and snow, the wide tread tires on the Elite may give you safer traction, and the bubble canopy may give your tall one more growing room. For me personally, the parent console on the Elite is amazing. I can hold drinks/snacks for our entire family in it, which is just SO handy. We brought our Mini double on vacation, and although it is lighter, DH agreed that the Elite is much more comfy for all.

arivecchi
04-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Thanks everyone. I ordered the BJCCD. I could not find as good a deal for the Elite and I think the BJCCD should be a vast improvement over the Instep Safari. I got it for $416 with the rain cover and free shipping, so I am pretty pleased!

cindys
04-06-2009, 11:32 AM
I am interested to hear how you like the Classic...I ordered the double Elite for $419 free shipping but didnt get a rain cover..On the same webite I saw the double Classic for $399 but again no rain cover..I went back and forth on the Classic and Elite.

I love having a rain cover on my single Maclaren.

brismom
04-06-2009, 11:47 AM
I am also considering a BJCCD or BJCED and want to know how it is folded. Will it fit ok in the trunk of a honda civic?

arivecchi
04-06-2009, 01:29 PM
I got the double Classic for $375. Here's the website.

http://www.stroller.com/baby-jogger-city-classic-all-terrain-double-jogging-stroller-navy-silver.html

The website has a video that shows how it folds.

huskermama77
04-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Wow that is a great price! I was excited about getting mine for $389.99. Nice work! :bighand: I could have saved myself another $15!

They have the folded dimensions on the Baby Jogger website to see if it would fit in your car.

WatchingThemGrow
04-06-2009, 02:08 PM
I am also considering a BJCCD or BJCED and want to know how it is folded. Will it fit ok in the trunk of a honda civic?

We have a set of wheels off the BJCED when it is in DH's Accord trunk right now, but he has a lot of extra stuff in there. It may fit in an empty trunk with the wheels on.

cindys
04-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Thats a GREAT price!!

arivecchi
04-09-2009, 08:37 PM
I just got it! OMG, it is awesome! I am 100% convinced this stroller will be perfect. My son has tons of room to grow and I love those huge canopies! I wish I had discovered this brand before! I am a BJ convert!

WatchingThemGrow
04-09-2009, 08:43 PM
I just got it! OMG, it is awesome! I am 100% convinced this stroller will be perfect. My son has tons of room to grow and I love those huge canopies! I wish I had discovered this brand before! I am a BJ convert!

Ahhhh...the love... hilarious! I just cleaned off the countertops in our mudroom and found the BJCED and BJCMD instruction manuals, totally unopened in their plastic bags. I remember the excitement of getting each one delivered by my friend at the bike shop and being too psyched to read the manuals...

arivecchi
04-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Ahhhh...the love... hilarious! I just cleaned off the countertops in our mudroom and found the BJCED and BJCMD instruction manuals, totally unopened in their plastic bags. I remember the excitement of getting each one delivered by my friend at the bike shop and being too psyched to read the manuals...

Now I TOTALLY understand why you rave about them so much! They have the best combo of features I have seen in a stroller. I cannot believe I got it for $375!

codex57
04-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Good job on the price!

arivecchi
04-16-2009, 12:43 PM
I've now used my new BJCCD a couple of times. I so recommend this stroller to anyone needing a good durable double! My very tall two year old fits great in it and has tons of room to grow. The canopies are so huge that I did not even need the weathershield on a windy day here in Chicago. The stroller is super stable (my 2 yr old climbs in and out on his own) because it has 4 wheels. There is enough separation between the seats that my 2 yr old cannot poke at my newborn. The stoller pushes easily and folding it is a breeze. It also seems to fit though most doorways. Biggest con so far: bulky, but most good doubles are bulky. I got the navy/silver which is super handsome. I am extremely happy with my purchase!