PDA

View Full Version : OMG... she didn't...

jal
04-05-2009, 10:19 PM
OMG!!!

DW and I were shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond for a wedding gift for a neice. We have our three kids with us, age 3 month, 2 years, and 6 years. The oldest starts saying had HAS to go to the bathroom. We tell him to hold it a minute. Of course he starts whining that he has to go real bad. We still tell him to hold on a minute.

Well this "nice" lady (shopper, NOT an employee) says "the bathrooms are right up front, I can take him up there if you like" and proceeds to take DS by the hand and walk away!

DW and I were just so dumb-struck that we just stood there for a moment... not believing what the #$%@ just happened!

I was able to quickly gain my composure and headed them off at the end of the isle and politely say "no, I don't think that's a good idea" and I proceed to walk DS to the bathroom and attempt best I can to make this a teaching moment for DS (I don't think is sank in).

Once I had my wits about me, I wanted to find this women and let her know just how inappropriate that was... but with three kids to watch over while DW checked out, I didn't have the opportunity.

Yes, in hind site, I should have gone ape $!^@ all over this woman the moment she touched our son... but we were just so freek'n dump-struct at the moment.

I can understand her wanted to help out a set a parents struggling with three kids, this is the Heart of Dixie, with all it's Southern hospitallity... but still, in todays age, to actually begin walking off with a stranger's child without realy waiting for a response from the parents... the more I think about it now... the morst I feel like we should have called the police on this woman... Southern hospitallity or not!

MMMommy
04-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Wow! That was completely out of line. Even if she meant well (and who knows if she is or isn't some crazy child abductor), that was inappropriate and just plain wrong.

DietCokeLover
04-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Oh my gosh, that's just completely unreal.

bubbaray
04-05-2009, 11:25 PM
That is very weird. Glad everything worked out OK.

kijip
04-06-2009, 02:50 AM
Freaky! I can't imagine anyone thinking that was ok behavior to a stranger's child.

MCsMom
04-06-2009, 03:02 AM
WAAAAH!
You almost gave me a heart attack with that story...
Southern hospitality or no, HANDS OFF THE CHILD, LADY!:hopmad: