PDA

View Full Version : Reversible AT stroller?

bw52
04-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Can anyone tell me of any? I know the Bugaboo is, but I'm wondering what other AT stroller have a reversible seat (or handlebar)--that is hopefully cheaper. Also, which ones recline FLAT so I can use it with a newborn. And maybe what you like/dislike about them.

TIA! Oh, I thought I was sold on the Switch, but now I'm wondering if there are any AT strollers that would be better. We'd use it for everything, so weight is a consderation, too. No public transportation, though. Just in and out of our car.

bubbaray
04-05-2009, 11:28 PM
The MBUS has a bassinette that allows the baby to face you when they are young enough to use that.

edurnemk
04-06-2009, 12:12 PM
There's several options in several prices. The ones I can think of right now are: UPPAbaby Vista (It comes with a bassinet, and the seat can be used from 3 months, it also take a car seat with an adapter), I'coo Targo, Quinny Buzz, Britax Vigour, Mutsy (they have several models). I think the Teutonias also have the option of air tires.
The lightest ones of theses are the Vista and the Targo.

pastrygirl
04-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Bugaboo, Vista, and Teutonias don't have air tires, but some people use them as an A/T stroller anyway. I wouldn't be able to get away with it where I live, but we don't have sidewalks and our roads have tons of gravel. I have to have all air tires here.

The only ones I can think of right now that have all air tires and are reversible are Mutsy strollers and the Valco Rad if you get the optional front air tire. The Mutsy Urban Rider, 4Rider, and Slider have air tires. (The UR also comes with plastic swivel wheels for the front, so you can swap out the air tires.) I have a Valco Rad with a front jogging/air tire. It comes with back air tires and front plastic wheels, but you can order the front air tire from the UK.

Many of the jogging-style strollers have a bassinet option: MBUS, Easywalker, Baby Jogger, Valco. BOB doesn't. None of those are reversible, though.

The Micralite Toro also has a bassinet option and an all-terrain wheel kit, but is not reversible.

bw52
04-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Bugaboo, Vista, and Teutonias don't have air tires, but some people use them as an A/T stroller anyway. I wouldn't be able to get away with it where I live, but we don't have sidewalks and our roads have tons of gravel. I have to have all air tires here.

Wait, now I'm confused. I thought the Vista and Bugaboo were for sure ATs. I was thinking the Vista would be a good option, since it includes everything (can't afford the Bee). But now I'm wondering if the Vista's any better than the Switch? That's what I had orginally decided on and then thought for about the same price (2008) if I could get an AT, that would handle better on walks. We have sidewalks, but I'll prob go on the dirt once in awhile. Now I'm just confused.....

edurnemk
04-06-2009, 03:13 PM
The Vista, and the Bugaboo and the Targo have foam filled tires, they're like AT tires but with foam instead of air, so you never get a flat.

If you're going to be walking on bumpy sidewalks, dirt trails, grass, snow, etc. it performs great. The Switch has very different wheels, those are not good for frequent walks on bumpy sidewalks even. So unless you have very, very rough terrain like a pp, you're OK with the Vista. I've used mine in all kinds of terrain: cracked pavement, a foot of snow, ice, mud, etc. and I love how it handles, I have other strollers with regular plastic wheels, and it's very different. The ride is slightly bumpier than air tires but in most terrains they perform just as well.

For clarification purposes, mostly people use the term AT for three-wheeled strollers with air tires, such as the Bob or the MBUS. Bugaboos and similiar strollers are called several different names such as "lifestyle strollers", Luxury strollers, Hybrid strollers... it's confusing I know, but they perform very well for city life.

Wait, now I'm confused. I thought the Vista and Bugaboo were for sure ATs. I was thinking the Vista would be a good option, since it includes everything (can't afford the Bee). But now I'm wondering if the Vista's any better than the Switch? That's what I had orginally decided on and then thought for about the same price (2008) if I could get an AT, that would handle better on walks. We have sidewalks, but I'll prob go on the dirt once in awhile. Now I'm just confused.....

pastrygirl
04-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Oops, sorry. I think of all-terrain strollers as having all air tires, but maybe that's incorrect. The pp is right about the foam-filled tires. Some areas can handle that; I haven't tried in my neighborhood... I'm not allowed to buy another stroller, LOL! But I have a feeling that foam-filled tires wouldn't work too well around here.

MamaKath
04-06-2009, 06:41 PM
http://www.shnoop.com/
I'Coo Targo is available for about 2 more hours. Good deal if you are considering it. :D

strollerqueen
04-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Of the ones mentioned, the only one I would consider A/T would be the Mutsys. You could also look at the Zooper Boogie/Zydeco, the Dreamer Design Park Avenue, and the Teutonia 200 series. These have one big air tire in front, vs. the Mutsy which has two smaller air tires in front. Well, technically the Teut tires are "hollow air chamber." So not as A/T as regular air tires, but more so than foam tires. Confused yet? LOL!

maybaby2009
04-08-2009, 01:48 PM
I would go with the Bugaboo Bee or the UPPA and spend the extra money. I'm still trying to decide which one of this I like best. The Bee's wheels are great over rough payment and snow from what I've heard. The UPPA now seems to be more expensive than the Bee, but I think it includes more. MBUS is bankrupt right?

edurnemk
04-08-2009, 02:28 PM
The Bee is not AT at all, it has plastic wheels, it's more of an indoor stroller. And the wheels are so small I don't think it would do well over more than a couple of inches of snow.

I wouldn't consider the Vista and the Bee to be in the same category so it's hard to compare, but the Vista does include the separate bassinet.

I would go with the Bugaboo Bee or the UPPA and spend the extra money. I'm still trying to decide which one of this I like best. The Bee's wheels are great over rough payment and snow from what I've heard. The UPPA now seems to be more expensive than the Bee, but I think it includes more. MBUS is bankrupt right?

strollerqueen
04-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Not any more. They were bought out by Phil and Ted's.

maybaby2009
04-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Is the mbus still selling under the same name? It seemed so light. I thought it looked like the kind of stroller you could use as a city stroller and a back-of-the-trunk mallcrawler