PDA

View Full Version : Mac Volo vs. Quest vs. Triumph vs...

todzwife
04-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Holy cow. Please someone break this down to me...

What is the difference? I saw a Volo at target and that thing is LIGHT. I'm tempted to snag one and replace my silver cross micro v.2.

BUT I'd like something that reclines...so which does that?

bubbaray
04-05-2009, 11:27 PM
The Volo is the most similar to the SC Micro. It has no recline.

All three of those models have small wheels, smaller than the Micro. The Quest has the deepest recline (though not flat enough for a newborn IMO) and the deepest seat. The Triumph has a shallower seat bottom and less of a recline than the Quest (at least the ones I've played with).

If you are replacing a Micro and d/n need a recline, go with the Volo.

todzwife
04-06-2009, 12:03 AM
Thank you :) That was super helpful. I am sooo tempted to get a volo off of ebay even though the micro works. (It just ticked me off one too many times that the wildlife world zoo-dirt...no concrete) I know not to hang ANYTHING (not even a package of children's place undies for a 3 YO) or it WILL tip over...and get everything dirty, including your fleurville diaper bag that is STUFFED into the small basket.

Ok I need to just stop complaining. I don't need another stroller...I don't need another stroller...DH will divorce me.

C99
04-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Love my Volo. Wasn't in love with my Quest, so I sold it on Craigslist. It was good for a newborn, but the basket, canopy (my Volo is from 2004, so before they had canopies) and recline definitely added weight to the stroller. Tired kids, IMO/E, have no problem sleeping in the Volo. The Triumph is between the Volo and the Quest in features/weight, but has a shallower seat.

I've never had a problem pushing the Volo, even with its itty bitty wheels, on rough surfaces -- save gravel, that is a PiTA.

WatchingThemGrow
04-06-2009, 08:00 AM
I think the Triumph is a good compromise feature-wise.

AnnieW625
04-07-2009, 11:51 AM
I agree about the Triumph, it's nicer than the Volo IMHO. The Volo does nothing for me.

todzwife
04-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks :) DH was already complaining that I Have 3 strollers...I better not push it LOL!