PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Smartbargains.com or Overstock.com?

kusumat
04-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Quality of their products: Good or bad? How's about their customer service and return policy? I have been thinking about getting an organic sheet set and artwork from them. TIA!

brittone2
04-06-2009, 01:48 PM
I have ordered some great stuff from overstock in the past. That said, I've read some horror stories about their return policies. I haven't had to return anything, so I never experienced that, but I recall them being a PITB to do returns with on certain items.

I'm not sure if those policies have changed. Just be sure to check into it first if there's any doubt about whether you'll be keeping the product(s) you order.

I have no experience w/ smartbargains.com.

kozachka
04-06-2009, 03:19 PM
I've head good experience with Overstock but I never had to return anything. I have never bought anything from Smartbargains but have heard good things about them and would not hesitate to buy from them.

You can get loyalty program reward points or miles for Overstock. Here's the list of options http://www.evreward.com/store/go/1674. There are also incentives for new customers. I normally wait for $1 or free shipping, which are quite frequently available.

tmphilo
04-06-2009, 03:30 PM
I've bought from both Overstock and SmartBargains and haven't had any problems. I haven't tried to return anything though. For Christmas, I bought a set of sheets (not organic though) from SmartBargains and have been pleased with the quality and them holding up.

srkaplan
04-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Smartbargains is awesome! Their customer service has always been really good in my experience, and they have very good quality. If you sign up on their website, they will email you coupons regularly.

DietCokeLover
04-16-2009, 05:48 PM
I've used both and have heard the bad stories about returns, but have never had to make one myself. Ordering from both has been fine and the products have been good as well.

lisadpa
05-19-2009, 05:07 AM
I order from Overstock a lot...GREAT products and fast shipping (love their jewelry, went a little crazy on it recently!)

I returned two titanium rings recently. They made it easy and you can track it through every step of processing. The credit seems to be taking awhile though...my tracking has said "credit pending" for about a week. I'm not worried though. I trust them. Highly recommended site.

UPDATE: just got my full credit for both rings I returned. perfect!

newtonj
06-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Overstock is fantastic. They have a broad selection of merchandise- some of it is high quality, expensive product that has been marked down to good prices and some of it is lower quality, inexpensive product at inexpensive prices. Kind of like shopping at Marshalls or TJ Maxx.

Shipping is generally a steal- $4.95 or $2.95 for everything and there always seems to be some sort of discount or coupon on the web.

But where they really stand out is customer service. They have exceptional customer service. They answer the phone promptly, stand by their product, readily accept returns and do do everything in their power to make things right by you- even if that means accepting a lower price on the item you purchased from them. Oh and they even follow up with you after the fact. I had an issue with them related to a crib and changing table I purchased from them and I can't tell you how good they were to deal with. I would definitely buy from them again and would definitely recommend anyone else do the same.

fedoragirl
06-23-2009, 09:16 AM
I've bought a LOT of stuff from Overstock and some from Smart Bargains. They have excellent prices and superfast shipping.
I've never had to return anything. If I have a question about an item (especially colors can be misleading online), then I just go to LIVE CHAT on Overstock and ask all my questions. It has worked so far!

HIU8
06-23-2009, 12:22 PM
I have ordered from overstock before. I have no idea about their return policy though, b/c I have never had to return anything. As far as ordering, their shipping costs are low and the service is fast.