PDA

View Full Version : Dear DH- if you aren't consistent, the kids won't listen.

gatorsmom
04-06-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm not sure what DH was thinking while i was living it up in Vegas, but clearly his mind was not working properly. Because the boys don't listen to him anymore. When they start to argue or fight, he threatens them with punishments that EVERYONE knows he won't carry through with. And then he doesn't get that they don't listen to him. Um, you are generally a smart man, if you never follow through, why should they believe you?

and now I have to be the mean mommy and show that yes, I absolutely will do what I say I will. So, if you hit me, I'll take that toy away. Go ahead and try it. Yep, just like I said (insert crying).

I think I need another vacation. :shake:

eliasmom
04-06-2009, 05:54 PM
:hug5:

Other than the Vegas trip, this could be my DH you described. I think I might get myself a "bad cop" uniform with accessories to make myself feel better about always being the one who follows through.

Melbel
04-06-2009, 05:58 PM
You go girl! I feel your pain. My DH has learned this lessen the hardway many times. Or has he??? :6::dizzy:

lizajane
04-06-2009, 09:12 PM
I think I might get myself a "bad cop" uniform with accessories to make myself feel better about always being the one who follows through.

of course, that plan may backfire and "reward" your DH... lil' miss "bad"cop.
:innocent:

ThreeofUs
04-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Oh, yes, another mean mommy here.

Though DH is starting to get cranky about being pushed so far.

eliasmom
04-07-2009, 06:56 AM
of course, that plan may backfire and "reward" your DH... lil' miss "bad"cop.
:innocent:

:hysterical:

I just envisioned myself in all my 3rd trimester glory wearing some sort of ill-conceived, ill-fitting outfit and DH being convinced I was "in the mood." Will definitely include cuffs and maybe a taser.