PDA

View Full Version : ISO wooden abc blocks

neeleymartin
04-06-2009, 09:22 PM
looking for a set of wooden blocks for building (not concerned or interested in letter learning). like these:

http://tinyurl.com/cs7hav

but some claim they are soft and splintery. any reviews? or perhaps other recommendations? tia. really want the ones that are like we all used to play with as kids.

newg
04-06-2009, 09:58 PM
the ones by melissa and doug look nice. I personally don't have them yet....dd may be getting them for easter from grandma though!

JdrKuhnert
04-07-2009, 08:09 AM
We have wooden abc blocks that I picked up at Tuesday Morning. I don't remember the brand, but they are the classic blocks. We've had them for a year and haven't had any problems with splinters or chipped paint. I paid less than $5 for the set.

Melbel
04-07-2009, 08:54 AM
DS received the wooden blocks from PBK over 8 years ago and they are still in like new condition notwithstanding lots of play time by our first 2 DC and now DD2. We have had no problems with splinters.

maydaymommy
04-07-2009, 11:38 AM
I have the Melissa & Doug ones that come with a bag with a velcro closure for storage. They are fine, but a little bit small.

We also received two sets of wooden blocks that come in a wagon with a pull string. They are really nice. What are they called?? I just did a search but couldn't find them. I think they are by something-Goose. Like Uncle Goose or Mother Goose?

Sorry, I will check later. They are a nice set and good blocks!