PDA

View Full Version : I'm calling the dr in the morning, but what do you think this could be?

mamica
04-06-2009, 10:55 PM
3-year old dc has been coughing a scratchy, congested cough, sometimes from deep within the chest for a few days. It started Friday night, so this will be the 4th night. It has been only at night, but I feel like it's starting to creep into the daytime.

No fever, no runny nose (though at night seems to have some post-nasal issues). Last night a brief complaint of chest hurting (I think from all the coughing), but no other real complaints other than an occasional sneeze.

Any thoughts on what this might be? I just wrote it off as a cold, but DH is getting me worried. Thanks much!

MamaKath
04-06-2009, 11:03 PM
It sounds like it could be a post nasal drip type thing in how it started. Definitely go to doctor in AM, but if your child is struggling to breathe during the night (wheezing or doing lots of belly breathing) head to the hospital tonight. My dc with asthma gets that way from allergies. Unfortunately it often ends up as pneumonia for him.

egoldber
04-06-2009, 11:07 PM
I agree it could be from allergies. The season is getting started and it's going to be a bad season I think.....

JTsMom
04-07-2009, 08:27 AM
We're all having post nasal issues here b/c of all of the pollen in the air here.