PDA

View Full Version : random ? on sharing coupons

hellokitty1
04-07-2009, 12:08 AM
my alma mater just won the ncaa b-ball tourney so i can't sleep and thought of this question...

what do you think of people sharing physical coupons and the giver requesting that the recipient send a SASE? Is that being cheap? Does it make a difference if the recipient was ISO the coupon or if the giver just proactively offered it?

i guess i was thiking of this bc i just bought a stamps and the price is soon going up again. it is almost getting cost prohibitive to mail things. i remember doing rebates and the price of postage to request the reabte was no big deal but now, as much as postage is, i have to think twice or see if online redemption is available.

just wondering what you guys think.

elliput
04-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Me, personally, I view the postage as a "pay it forward" type of deal. Usually, I have stamps sitting around from Christmas-time, because I always purchase too many and I don't use them more than once or twice a month anyway.

I knew I should have requested forever stamps instead of theme stamps. :tongue5:

srkaplan
04-07-2009, 09:36 AM
Well, my answer has changed over time. When I was new to this board & posted a coupon that I had to give away, I requested a SASE. However, a few times after that when I have taken people up on their offers of coupons, I have never been asked for a SASE. I always offer to send one, but am always told no need...So, long story short, on this board because of everyone's generosity, I wouldn't think of it. Perhaps on another board where people weren't as much of a community, I would.

jgenie
04-07-2009, 09:46 AM
I generally offer to send pp, especially if it's a coupon I really want. I haven't had anyone take me up on the offer, but would have no problem if they did. I tell people to pay it forward if I send a coupon.

WatchingThemGrow
04-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Here and with friends, no SASE.

Craigslist, maybe, maybe not. Depends on how I'm feeling...

Hey, that's my team too!!! We're not home right now, but in the past, we've been able to hear the afterparty from our front porch! woo hoo!