PDA

View Full Version : Funny things your dc has done lately thread anyone?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
04-07-2009, 12:12 AM
Tonight dh took dd1 with him to sams and apparently they had a conversation that went something like this.

Dh passes gas while walking down the aisle and dd is riding in the basket part of the cart.

DD-where'd that duck go?
Dh-I don't know.
DD-oh there it is! (she then reaches up into the air to catch the duck)
DD-ok,i've got it now lets put it back.
dh-no elaine,just let it go.
dd-no daddy we've gotta put it back in your butt.
dh-no elaine
dd-yes daddy,just let me out of the cart so I can put the duck back in your butt!

Thank goodness sam's is pretty much dead at 7:45 on a monday night.

dcmom2b3
04-07-2009, 01:21 AM
OMG, she calls them ducks? That's a scream! :hysterical:

Bunny hasn't done anything really funny lately, but she did sing me happy birthday (grandma apparently taught her) and took me completely by surprise. It was the best b-day gift ever.

theamazingtrace
04-07-2009, 02:32 AM
(I was talking with our cleaning lady in another part of the house)
DD2: (eating her breakfast at the kitchen table) Who were you talking to, Mama?
Me: Oh, Ana.
DD2: You mean you weren't talking to a handsome stranger?

A little too much Aurora on the brain, obviously.

WatchingThemGrow
04-07-2009, 08:42 AM
At some point recently, we tipped the "too much tv" scale and DD made up her own sign for Curious George. It happens to be the universal sign we learned in high school for intercourse...

So...whenever she's tired of being somewhere - say my brother's house on-moving day with my dad and stepmother, brother and fiance, etc - she starts saying "Hey, I want to go home and watch (insert "dirty" sign) Curious George."

lovely

Momof3Labs
04-07-2009, 09:28 AM
DH supervising the boys in the shower last night (DH was fully clothed). I walked in the bathroom and DH hugged me from behind and put his hands on my huge baby belly. DS1 says "Dad, are you passing sperm cells to Mom again??"

He loves science encyclopedias so I'm guessing this was buried somewhere in one of those books, because we sure didn't teach it to him (he hasn't asked)!

EllasMum
04-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Just a few minutes ago, DD was describing to me what a piglet looked like. Here's the description:

"They have four feet and little pointy ears and a big, round, GIANT nose with 2 holes in it - just like YOURS, Mommy!"

Um, thanks, DD. ;)

Veronica's Mommy
04-07-2009, 11:51 AM
DD (almost 3yo) seems to be enamored with my belly button. I'm pretty sure she thinks the baby was implanted through there. Whenever she talks to him, she speaks into it, and that's her favored place to give kisses.
The other day, she started poking her finger inside (my belly button hasn't really popped out yet). I asked her what she was doing and she said "I'm trying to get the baby out!"

Wife_and_mommy
04-07-2009, 12:03 PM
These are a riot!

Mine is a DH one. He was picking up 4-$5 items and bring me home one of them. When he brought it in,

DH: the total was more than $20(it was $21.4), these cost more than $5 each. They were closer to $6.

me: It was $21.40.They were $5 each.

DH: No. 4x5 is $20.

me: And 5x4 isn't?

I'm too weak to move but still can't stop laughing. In his defense, he has the illness we've all had.:ROTFLMAO:

justincase
04-07-2009, 12:17 PM
DS (with deep sigh): I want my ears to be on *top* of my head.
Me: On top?
DS: Yes, like a bear has. They should have made me that way.
DH: Who's "they"?
DS: At the hospital.

TraciG
04-07-2009, 12:42 PM
My almost 14 month has started to climb, the other I walk in DD's roomt o find him on her table ! Also he stand's on his ride on & look's like he's surfing & he's so proud of himself !

Oh yeah, he also like's to push the Dora kitchen over so the whole thing crash's to the floor !

mamicka
04-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Today. Its my birthday. Boys are accidentally dropping all kinds of food on the floor during dinner, like usual. I look at DH & say, "you're cleaning that up tonight". (FYI, the clean-up duties are pretty equally split, so it isn't a big deal either way).

So then DS1 & 2 start crying, saying "why are you making Daddy clean-up the floor? We want to play more with Daddy!". Gotta love those kids :).

Oh, & yes - Daddy cleaned-up the floor anyway.

DietCokeLover
04-07-2009, 06:12 PM
DD (27 mos) is in speech therapy because she doesn't really use words. She jabbers all day long. Won't even say "cow", "cat", "dog", etc.

She was playing with something the other day, then goes to hand it to me, and says (very clearly) "Here you go dear".

Out of the mouths of babes.

fattytuna
04-07-2009, 06:24 PM
(I was talking with our cleaning lady in another part of the house)
DD2: (eating her breakfast at the kitchen table) Who were you talking to, Mama?
Me: Oh, Ana.
DD2: You mean you weren't talking to a handsome stranger?

A little too much Aurora on the brain, obviously.

Same here...

DD [3-1/2]: Kiss me like a prince, Papa!
DH: I'M NOT GOING TO KISS YOU LIKE A PRINCE!!!!!!

eliasmom
04-07-2009, 09:33 PM
I was putting DD to bed last night and we were snuggling facing each other in the glider. First, DD tried to stash her sippy cup of milk in my bra. And then, while completely feeling me up: "You have a baby in here. (Feel copped on left side.) And you have a baby in here." (Feel copped on right side.)

Me: well, what about this big belly? Isn't your brother in there?

DD: No, you just ate too much. My brother is here. (Feel copped yet again.)

I seriously almost peed in my pants and I still haven't figured out the identity of the mystery baby in my other boob.

LarsMal
04-07-2009, 09:39 PM
I was putting DD to bed last night and we were snuggling facing each other in the glider. First, DD tried to stash her sippy cup of milk in my bra. And then, while completely feeling me up: "You have a baby in here. (Feel copped on left side.) And you have a baby in here." (Feel copped on right side.)

Too funny!

DD is obsessed with mine, too! When I rock her at night she will start rubbing my boobs. I move her hand down and tell her she can rub the baby in my belly and she will say, "No, I rub the baby in your booby."

eliasmom
04-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Too funny!

DD is obsessed with mine, too! When I rock her at night she will start rubbing my boobs. I move her hand down and tell her she can rub the baby in my belly and she will say, "No, I rub the baby in your booby."

Well, thank goodness mine isn't the only one! :bighand:

LarsMal
04-07-2009, 09:42 PM
I guess I've been using the saying, "You don't have a choice" a lot with DS, the negotiator, lately when trying to get him to do something.

Today we were in the car and I was telling them we were going home to eat lunch and then rest. DD sat quietly for a second then said, in a very sweet voice, "We no have a choice, Mommy?" :ROTFLMAO:

jent
04-07-2009, 09:55 PM
from DD, who is just starting to eat salad: "Want some more dressing with salad on it!"

WitMom
04-07-2009, 10:04 PM
My 4 y.o. DD told my husband recently "Daddy, you have fur coming out of your nose."

Yes, he does, and I'm glad she mentioned it because otherwise I was going to have to.

LarsMal
04-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Forgot to give DS his funny shout-out!

Today I told him we had to look at his clothes and pick out a nice outfit for Easter. He, of course, pulls out sweats and told me they were nice clothes. I said, "No, you have to wear dressy clothes for Easter." He then told me, "Well, M has a pink dress with hair on it I can wear." (meaning her dress-up dress with fur on it) :hysterical:

Obviously we don't dress up that much if the word "dressy" to him means he actually has to put a dress on. Also funny that he didn't even bat an eye at the idea of him having to WEAR a dress!!

justincase
04-08-2009, 08:28 AM
I guess I've been using the saying, "You don't have a choice" a lot with DS, the negotiator, lately when trying to get him to do something.

:ROTFLMAO:

I love when your own words come back to haunt you. I have been saying "Don't go down this road" or "...this path" when DS starts on one of his chain reactions of naughtiness. So recently as he tearfully climbed onto my bed to snuggle after some misdeed, he rested his head on my still-pg belly and said thoughtfully "When my baby sister comes I will teach her not to go down that road. But if she wants to go down that path, I will hold her hand." :D

boolady
04-08-2009, 08:50 AM
Last night, DD burst into the bathroom while DH was in there. DD is currently potty training and very "into" panties, what color, what design, what princess, you name it. The next thing I hear is, "Oooh. Daddy. I like your panties! My panties are white, too!"