PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Can't decide between Natural Mat and Naturepedic mattress

wayfool
04-07-2009, 03:07 AM
We are eagerly awaiting the arrival of our little and in preparing our nursery, we've encountered a roadblock in our crib mattress choice. We've narrowed it down to the Natural Mat Latex mattress and the Naturepedic Dual Firmness Ultra. The prices are basically the same after factoring in shipping, so cost is not really an issue. Here are the pros and cons of each:

Natural Mat
Pros: All natural materials, light, breathable
Cons: doesn't fit the crib perfectly (although it is a tight squeeze for two fingers), not waterproof.

Naturepedic
Pros: completely waterproof, firmer support
Cons: heavy, not breathable, uses polyethylene (more like a neutral)

Does anyone have any experience with either? People seem to generally be happy with the Naturepedic, but I'm concerned that the lack of breathability will be a problem. Does it really cause overheating? As for the natural mat, we're worried about wetness and possible mold. Also, the mattress seems a bit soft.

I'm really hoping to get some input from people that have actually used the mattress, rather than input from people working for either company. We have both mattresses sitting in our nursery right now, and one is waiting to get returned. Thanks!

spj123
05-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Did u decide which to go with? Naturepedic is our top choice right now but I wasn't aware polyethylene was an issue, now I'm not sure?