PDA

View Full Version : When did your 1st trimester pg signs go away?

Octobermommy
04-07-2009, 09:18 AM
I am trying to not think too much about symptoms or what not but I am 10 weeks and the nausea and tiredness are decreasing a lot. I don't remember when this happened in my previous pregnancy. How many weeks were you when your pregnancy symptoms went away?

TIA

Octobermommy
04-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Anyone?

Please reassure me.

Momof3Labs
04-07-2009, 11:48 AM
If you are worried, call your OB. They can check for a heartbeat and/or order an u/s to make sure that everything is fine. Is it possible that your dates are off by a few weeks and you are farther along than 10 weeks? I'm assuming not since it sounds like you had an u/s to date the pregnancy (thus know that there is a heartbeat).

I do remember symptoms coming and going and some days feeling better than others.

Wife_and_mommy
04-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Uh, mine haven't gone away and my youngest is over 3.:ROTFLMAO:

I'd say it's a good thing if the symptoms are decreasing. Was your discomfort short-lived in your other pgs? I was sick for half my pg both times. The utter exhaustion only lasted a few weeks around the 8 wk. point. I think you'll feel better in the next 2-4 weeks.

Congratulations. :)

Octobermommy
04-07-2009, 12:02 PM
I am only 10 weeks. I had an u/s about a week ago and all was great. I am totally over analyzing probably.

mommylamb
04-07-2009, 12:32 PM
I think my symptoms went away at around that time. But call your OB if you're concerned. I wouldn't be unless there were something else that makes you concerned too.

brittone2
04-07-2009, 12:39 PM
I never had a lot of morning sickness w/ my DS. With my dd, I had a LOT more. Just when it hit its peak, it just totally eased up and almost went away. I was kind of expecting a more gradual diminishing of puking after the "peak" of it, kwim? Just as I was puking the most, it pretty much went away. That was around 10 weeks. So yes, it can be totally normal but you should follow up with your doc/midwife if you are concerned.

mamaoftwins
04-07-2009, 02:27 PM
I had "ALL day" sickness from 5wks until it magically disappeared at 11wks. My tiredness decreased about the same time, but never went away completely. :)

BabyMine
04-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Uh, mine haven't gone away and my youngest is over 3.:ROTFLMAO:

:yeahthat:

lcarlson90
04-07-2009, 04:19 PM
I was never really tired, but I definitely remember the nausea being the worst from 8 - 10 weeks and then after that I was fine. I also remember my OBGYN telling me that for most people the nausea goes away around 10 - 11 weeks.

maydaymommy
04-07-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm 16 weeks now and in the beginning I felt "frighteningly" fine. I was really tired at first, it went away around 11 weeks. Now, however, exhaustion is back with a vengeance for some reason. Until last week I didn't feel like I was pregnant at all.

Good luck!

Octobermommy
04-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the replies. I am not going to bother my doctor with it b/c there isn't really anything he can do for me. I am sure all is fine, I was just freaking out for a while.

WitMom
04-07-2009, 10:02 PM
It's so hard not to worry, isn't it? If it makes you feel any better, I was so asymptomatic (other than a positive pregnancy test) with my last pregnancy that the doctor did an early ultrasound to make sure I *really* was pregnant and things were progressing normally. Everything was a-okay and my daughter turns two next month.

jent
04-07-2009, 10:59 PM
My nausea definitely went away at 10 weeks. I remember clearly, b/c I went to a big wedding that weekend and was so happy I could pig out on the food instead of standing there trying not to puke!

amldaley
04-08-2009, 06:14 AM
I didn't even get fatigue and nausea until I was 10 weeks. I was sick from 10 weeks until 17 or 18 weeks. And I got "afternoon" sickness instead. I think every woman is different. As others have said, call your Dr if you have concerns. Seriously, most Doc's would rather you call and it be nothing than vice versa!

elektra
04-08-2009, 12:15 PM
About 15 weeks. Longest 15 weeks ever!