PDA

View Full Version : So this is what I get for being responsible

momof2girls
04-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Our twp recreation dept offered swimming for my 2 kids who were to be in different level classes. The recreation brochure said there were only 3 spots available for each class for the date and time I needed (the classes would be going on at the same time for my 2 kids). Being responsible, I stayed up until midnight of the day registration opened to snag two of the spots for my kids. I got into both.
A month later I recieve a call from the YMCA saying that my one classes has been cancelled b/c they do not have an instructor and that the other class has been moved to another time (that does not work for me since we have Kindergarten). The kicker is that the class was moved to another time to make room for the people who were on the waiting list! What about people like me that made it into the original class! I called and was offered a refund. That's not the point! These classes are hard to get into in my town, I try to do the right thing by registering early, and I end up getting shut out to accomodate those on the waiting list!

mama2g03
04-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Well, I would be peeved about the time change. Umm, why set up a scheduled class if you're just going to change it to some other time? And why not at least call the people already signed up to see if the new time would work for them. If not, tell the wait list people sorry, better luck next time. Sorry that happened to you. I would be really annoyed as well.

egoldber
04-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Have you looked into private swim lessons? With two kids it may not be much more than the cost of a group. Sorry. The enrollment process for classes like this can be so frustrating. :(

Indianamom2
04-07-2009, 02:48 PM
I hate being responsible and then getting the raw end of the deal. Sometimes it makes me wonder why I bother.

Sorry this happened. It's not fair, but maybe you will end up finding something that works even better. Hope so.

Christina

kransden
04-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Yep, my YMCA is horrible too. I joined for the swim lessons, but could never get dd in. I finally just gave up.

huskermama77
04-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Similar issue with my YMCA twice. So frustrating and there aren't any alternate options for me. I feel your pain!!