PDA

View Full Version : Great diaper bag for mommy of 10mo & 4yo?

tmarie
04-07-2009, 02:49 PM
I am taking a break from work for the first time to be a SAHM. :) I know it sounds silly, but it feels like such a major life change. I go crazy staying at home, so I know we will be doing tons of daily trips to the park, zoo, museums, etc.... Any recommendations on a diaper bag? My girls are almost 4yo and 10 months. I have not LOVED any of my previous diaper bags: skip hop (things got lost in black hole! and fabric ripped), kate spade (not comfty on shoulder and no way to hang on stroller), vera bradley (horrible for spills or stains).

I am really feeling overwhelmed by my choices. I am going between something cute like an emily storksak (which is $$$ and not water proof), a JuJuBe (but how on earth do I choose which style/size?), and a Potter Barn Kids (love how it hangs on a stroller but not on my shoulder).

I know this is a worn out topic but I'd be grateful for help!

TIA

tmaire
dd#1 5/05
dd#2 6/08

ThreeofUs
04-07-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm really liking my Timi & Leslie backpack for my baby/preschooler combination. Big enough to get things in, small enough to really be on my back or on my stroller. Waterproof, seemingly mark-proof, looks great after 6 months of steady use - and I got the baseball backpack, so it's *white* and unmarked. Works well in rest rooms as it can hang on anything and opens perfectly for changing. Also, I love that it has a side zip so I can get into the bottom with no problem - can you say "snack cache"? ;)

I got mine from mamabargains, along with a plastic-covered green silk with embroidery version of the same thing (which I haven't used and am thinking of selling because it's just collecting dust).

I also have a lodis backpack (very slim) that holds my stuff and enough for a diaper change or two when that's all I need. Between the two, I feel like I can take on any trip - short or long, one kid or two, with just me or me and DH.

GL!

tmarie
04-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Oooh....I'll have to check out the T&L. I never look at the backpack style bags b/c I'm forever worried about being able to find things in the bottom of it, but it sounds like the zipper takes care of the problem. :) The search goes on.....I'll be grateful for any more input from all of you wise women out there!

tmarie

MamaKath
04-07-2009, 07:20 PM
There are quite a few that can be messengers, shoulder bags or backpacks. The Posh baby Ultimate DIaper Bag, the JuJuBe Packabe, the Fanci-Free Kim, the Bumble Bags Jessica, and the Baby Kade Dhara are a few to start with.

If you are comfortable with strictly a backpack check out the Baby Sherpa (regular and Shorthaul) and Outside Baby which all have coolers in the bottom. A handy feature for a day long outing! Also the JuJuBe BeRightBack is a true backpack, but sectioned nicely as well; the bottom can be used for a snack shuttle or a change of clothes..

tmarie
04-07-2009, 08:46 PM
There are quite a few that can be messengers, shoulder bags or backpacks. The Posh baby Ultimate DIaper Bag, the JuJuBe Packabe, the Fanci-Free Kim, the Bumble Bags Jessica, and the Baby Kade Dhara are a few to start with.

If you are comfortable with strictly a backpack check out the Baby Sherpa (regular and Shorthaul) and Outside Baby which all have coolers in the bottom. A handy feature for a day long outing! Also the JuJuBe BeRightBack is a true backpack, but sectioned nicely as well; the bottom can be used for a snack shuttle or a change of clothes..

Hmmmmmm! I was not familiar with most of these brands but they look like fun...more research to do. :) I don't think I want a backpack. I tend to do best with messenger or wide tote styles. Thanks so much for pointing these out!

tmarie
04-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Ok.....I think I have narrowed it down to a Ju Ju Be All or Be Spicey. Does anyone know if there are any downsides to either one? (I probably need to start a new thread for this!)

MamaKath
04-07-2009, 09:20 PM
JJB are great bags! One down side is they tend to be heavy when compared to similar styles and they are very expensive. That said, they have great features, really pretty prints and lots of accessories available to match!

GL~ :D

cndnveggie
04-08-2009, 01:19 PM
JJB has their own forum on their website, and you can get tons of info there, as well as ask questions. I'd head over there and ask questions :)

http://www.ju-ju-be.com/PinkRoom/

tmarie
04-08-2009, 07:26 PM
JJB has their own forum on their website, and you can get tons of info there, as well as ask questions. I'd head over there and ask questions :)

http://www.ju-ju-be.com/PinkRoom/

Thanks! I actually tried to register there last night to ask questions and it didn't work. Sigh. I will try again. :)