PDA

View Full Version : A few BJCM questions

star04
04-07-2009, 08:35 PM
I am considering this stroller, but I would like to know a little bit about it first. Hopefully someone can help me!

1) Does the mini have a carseat adaptor, or is the adaptor only for the larger models? If so, will a Graco SnugRide32 carseat fit?

2) Should I get a belly bar, child tray, or both?

3) What is the youngest age recommended for this stroller (without the carseat adaptor if I can use one)?

Thank you!

WatchingThemGrow
04-07-2009, 08:56 PM
1)yes, but I don't have one
2)not sure- again, don't have any
3) from birth, maybe with a snuzzler - we did it in the BJCED and it was perfect. Will do it in the Mini also. No carseat needed.

edurnemk
04-07-2009, 08:59 PM
I don't have this stroller, but I went stroller shopping with my BF who actually bought it. Here's what the salesperson told us:

1) It does have a car seat adaptor. Graco is the most universally accepted car seat, so I'm pretty sure it does accept it.
2) My stroller has a belly bar, and I don't really miss the snack tray. Our secondary stroller has a snack tray but we don't use it, I don't feel it's clean enough to put snacks on it, after being in the trunk and all that. I attach my child's sippy cup to the belly bar of our main stroller using a tether I got at BRU, I think. It's good also for attaching the snack cup. Our umbrella stroller doesn't have a belly or snack bar, and it's not absolutely necessary but babies like pulling themselves forward to look around, so I think my son likes having the bar. It's a personal choice, but I would get the belly bar.
3)You can use it from birth because it has a near flat recline, I would recommend getting one of those pillows that hold the baby's head for the first couple of months. It's actually better for them to lay in the stroller than to spend too much time in the car seat.

MCsMom
04-07-2009, 11:55 PM
Have it and love it!

1)Yes it has one (extra though) and the Snugride 32 will fit. IME I had the adapter pushed in too far and where my carseat sat on the sides messed up my Snugride. It isn't clear on the instruction manual how far it should be so I had to call BJ and with their help got it to fit right.

2)I got the snack tray, haven't used it yet. I was actually thinking of getting the belly bar too, to have options. They are both cheaper at Buy Buy Baby right now than BJ online.

3)edurnemk is right on.
I didn't use it alone when DD was a newborn because it was warmer in the carseat but I made sure to take her out periodically and carry her around instead of leaving her in there...