PDA

View Full Version : Does this stroller exist?

SomeoneLikeYou
04-07-2009, 09:37 PM
I didn't think I'd be one to really care about strollers so I just went with the Graco Metrolite and was happy with it..........until I had to use it as a standalone stroller. Now I'm not so in to it. Add that I've been persuing REI and looking at BOBs and the like and I'm now in stroller envy BIG time. So here is what i'm looking for........anyone know which comes closest to my "requirements"?

I'm looking for an All Terrain, 3-wheel designed stroller that is no more than $400 (not including accesories), and has a handlebar for pushing. The front wheel must swivel and locking is a plus. Great if it folds and sets up with a 20lb kiddo in one arm. 25lbs MAX.

We really love the City Mini and the BOB Rev right now but the BOB is a beast (haha) compared to the Mini but the Mini has a seemingly unsupportive seat. LOVE the canopy and fold on the Mini though. But love the suspension on the BOB.

UGH.

Any advice? Others besides the Rev and Mini I shoudl see?

TIA!!!!

edurnemk
04-07-2009, 10:27 PM
The Mini is not really an AT because the wheels are plastic. You should look at the Baby Jogger City Elite, it has a strudier seat.

MCsMom
04-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Was told today by the stroller expert at our local Buy Buy Baby that there are only 2 swivel/lock joggers out there:
BOB Revolution
Baby Jogger Summit

If you aren't going to jog, the City Elite is great. The front wheel locks but it isn't meant for jogging.

edurnemk is right, the BJCM isn't an AT. And the front wheel doesn't lock, again it isn't meant for jogging.

We actually have both the BJCM and BOB with the polymer wheels. BJCM is for everyday and the BOB is for outdoor exercise and uneven surfaces. I don't jog (haha) but I do walk in our local park when the weather cooperates.

Hope that helps!

JdrKuhnert
04-08-2009, 07:38 AM
The Valco Runabout Trimode might fit your needs. You can switch between swivelling and locked wheels. I've used mine on rugged terrain, smooth terrain, in the snow, and at the beach. I can unfold it one handed while holding my son. This year's model is a little above $400, but previous models are also available for less.

WatchingThemGrow
04-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Here is your answer: The BJCE is a great compromise between a Revolution and a Mini (much closer in push/ride to the BOB), as long as you don't really run. http://www.upsideover.com/Baby-Jogger-City-Elite-Stroller-p/bj-ces.htm There is a coupon code in Bargain Alert that should take 20% off.

3 wheels, swivel locks, tall canopy, adjustable handlebar, considerably shorter in length than the BOB, more substantial than the Mini, will be under $400 with the discount, excellent ride for outdoors, but still manageable indoors. 24 lbs, high weight limit, fantastic recline, great parent console, 24 lbs.

MamaKath
04-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Strictly AT...
Baby Jogger City Series (Not the Mini)
Mountain Buggy Urban or Swift
Phil and Ted's E3
Valco TriMode
Dreamer Design Manhattan Lite or Deluxe (DD has gone out of business, so you can find a good deal on these)
Joovy Zoom 360
Zooper Boogie

For running...
Bob Revolution
Baby Jogger Summit

I am sure I am missing some, but this gives a start. Bob and Baby Jogger are among the favorites.