PDA

View Full Version : Doing the dishes is not HALF of the housework!!!!!!!!!

kayte
04-08-2009, 10:26 AM
DH is driving me NUTS!

I just want to scream!

AGGHHHHHHHH Put some stuff away....... Not just your stuff---but stuff that belongs to your child, stuff that belongs to the household--I AM NOT THE KEEPER OF THOSE THINGS!

Wash something besides a dish.

Learn where the sheets get put away --you have only lived here for 8 years!

Claim some responsibility that running a household makes some colateral clutter that I am not SOLELY responsible for.

Why do you not know where placemats are kept????? You have watched me get them out and put them away.

DON'T just pile up your child's toys------EVERY FREAKIN bucket is labeled--your three year old gets the system --why don't you????

If the bathroom looks like it needs to be cleaned--don't just say "looks like the bathroom could use a cleaning" --save the breathe and grab a rag.

aaggggggghhhhhhhhhh.

Can anyone else relate???

Save me from messy and dirty house!

elliput
04-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Ah. I see our DH's are twins.
:hug::hug::hug:

ha98ed14
04-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Ah. I see our DH's are twins.
:hug::hug::hug:

I think I might have the (fraternal) triplet. My H cooks, for which I am grateful. But on the cleaning side of things, even cleaning up after himself, this is him to a T!

mamaoftwins
04-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Looks like quads with my DH. ;)

My fav recent comment: "the office looks terrible, you really need to pick it up". Uh-huh, really?!?! Perhaps it's a mess because I never have any time to myself to get organized, and the last time I was down there, I destroyed the place looking for your dues receipts for our taxes that you supposedly gave me "a long time ago". Right. Found them in your desk drawer.

Argh! I totally feel your pain.

WatchingThemGrow
04-08-2009, 02:52 PM
OMGosh, I thought you were MY DH writing about ME! Poor guy keeps coming home to a house with 2 very little people and a wife that refuses to bend or squat. You should see our floors by the end of the day, LOL.

I should let him read your post... he'd crack up!

hbridge
04-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Yep, I have one too, but mine would follow it up with "well the house isn't really THAT clean"!!!! His definition of clean is no clutter (now the house could be completely taken over by dust and dirt, but if there were toys on the floor or HIS mail on the counter, it's not clean).

The classic is when he told me THREE years ago he would take over cleaning the shower every other weekend! He cleaned it that day and hasn't done it since!

Yep, you gotta love them, but there is something about men and cleaning...

(To be fair, I shouldn't generalize like that, I did date a man at one point who's house was ALWAYS spotless, it was amazing)

niccig
04-08-2009, 08:23 PM
If the bathroom looks like it needs to be cleaned--don't just say "looks like the bathroom could use a cleaning" --save the breathe and grab a rag.

My response to this.."Go hard. Here's the cleaning supplies" and I left the room. The look on his face was priceless.

MamaMolly
04-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Wow, they've obviously cloned my husband because I see we are all married to him!

My DH will unload the dishwasher and leave the pots, casserole dishes, sippy cups, DD's utensils, and tupperware all over the counter. When I ask about it, he tells me it is because the tupperware is wet. Isn't that what towels are for? ANd how does a wet tupperware keep him from putting a pot away???

Recently he said he didn't help out more because I wasn't specific enough with him about tasks. Like: 'DD needs to go to bed now and I'm really swamped right now' isn't clear enough. He'll *actually* ask if I want him to put her to bed. :banghead: What a load of cr@p.

I'm also just mad because he's being a lazy sloth right now because my dad and Step-mom are visiting. He forgets that they are total slobs, too! It isn't like when my mom or his mom comes and they help with the dishes and laundry and cooking and he can be lazy and someone else will do it. No, now I'm doing ALL THAT for us plus 2 extra super sloppy people.

Woooooo, I just deleted about 4 more paragraphs of rant. I totally tried to hijack this thread, sorry! But it felt good to get it out of my system ;)

Somebody figure out a way to knock some sense into our DH's and I'll be your new best friend!

kayte
04-08-2009, 11:21 PM
I am so glad I am not alone. I will just grin and think of us all suffering next time I want to just chuck something at his head!!!

ellies mom
04-09-2009, 02:14 AM
Oh, you are so not alone. I could have written your post. But you forgot,

Just the fact that you have clean dishes to eat off, means that you do not do all the housework

Your daughter's clothes are in the same drawers they have always been in. She is five. Why can't you figure out where her shirts are?

wencit
04-09-2009, 03:36 PM
You ladies have me nodding vigorously along in total agreement. Thank you for making me feel not-so-alone! DH has been on my case lately about not doing as much as usual to keep the house clean. Um, I'm sorry, I'm almost 24 weeks pregnant, miserably uncomfortable, exhausted all the time, feeling awful, and you're blaming ME for not keeping the house up to its normally decent standards?! Seriously, the only thing he does extra are the dishes, and then he claims he's been doing "ALL the housework" around here. Really, DH, if you've been doing "all the housework," there wouldn't be a pile of laundry sitting around for 2 weeks (!) waiting to be folded and put away, DS's toys scattered around the living room, floors that haven't been vacuumed in who-knows-how-long, unopened mail sitting in a pile in the foyer, etc etc! Rather than yell at me, why can't you do some of that stuff yourself?! Last time I checked, DH, you have 2 arms and 2 legs.

I'm hoping that maybe now DH will realize how much work I actually DO around the house when I'm not pregnant and exhausted, but somehow I doubt he'll get it.

ellies mom
04-09-2009, 10:34 PM
I'm hoping that maybe now DH will realize how much work I actually DO around the house when I'm not pregnant and exhausted, but somehow I doubt he'll get it.

No, but what he will do is say with a completely straight face something like "Well, you can't really clean with the kids around" and be completely oblivious to the fact that he expects you to be able to.

squimp
04-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Are you me? Did I write your post under another ID by mistake? I was just yesterday finding myself having to yet again get up and do something ridiculous because DH seems to have no idea where things go or how to do the simplest things around his own house where he has lived for 10 years. It drives me insane. Oh! And he opened up a map a week ago and left it on a chair, like somehow magically it was going to fold itself up and put it away. It was still sitting there until yesterday when I held it up to him and said "are ya done with this". Hmmmph!

mamaoftwins
04-10-2009, 10:47 AM
"are ya done with this"

This makes me laugh b/c I have said this exact same line many times to DH.

I think I'm going to chuck the next empty Mountain Dew can I find laying around at his head. ;) I'm sure there's one sitting next to the sink right now ... b/c it's ever so hard to rinse the darn thing and put it in the recycling box on the other side of the sink!