PDA

View Full Version : Teutonia t-tario 32 and strollers

Lila
04-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Anyone have opinions on this car seat paired with any of these strollers that I'm considering?

2008 baby jogger (cheaper)- how's the "sun roof" on this one? The tray? This would take my snugride32 or T-Tario 32?

http://www.amazon.com/2008-Mountain-...8769212&sr=8-3

Baby jogger:

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-Ci...8769628&sr=1-1

2008 city elite (don't know the difference between this and the newer year or even between this and the baby jogger)

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-El...8769300&sr=1-7

I didn't like the review on the Peg P3 (tall people kicking back tires, a bit rickety, basket hard to reach)

City Classic:

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-Cl...8769546&sr=1-2

Bob rev (looks nice)

http://www.amazon.com/BOB-Revolution...8769724&sr=8-1

(But read this review: http://www.amazon.com/Bob-BOB-Revolu...rBy=addOneStar)

(and these: http://www.amazon.com/Bob-BOB-Revolu...rBy=addTwoStar)

These would all be good from infancy? Or do they start at three months? How long would they last me?

Lila
04-08-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm answering my own post, haha - this is what I heard back from Customer Service:

Darla,

Thank you for contacting Consumer Services. Our t-tario has a washable French terry seat liner. The t-tario weighs 9.8 pounds without the base and 17 pounds with the base. It is not compatible with shopping carts and it is not universal. Thank you for your interest in our products. If we can be of further assistance, please contact us again.

Please include all correspondence when replying.

Thank you,

Michele

Consumer Services

pastrygirl
04-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Any stroller that can take the Graco Safeseat/Snugride 32 can take the T-Tario.

I had a BOB Revolution for my first, and LOVED it. It didn't have much of a recline so I used it with the infant seat for the first 3 months. After that, I was able to put him in directly. My son is a bit tall for his age, so he ended up getting a little too tall for the BOB's seat/canopy a few months ago, at around 2.5 years old. I sold it to buy a taller stroller that is also reversible and has a bassinet since I want to go fancy for #2, LOL! If I wasn't expecting, I'd probably have kept the BOB since my son is almost out of strollers at this point.

If I still wanted a BOB-like stroller, I'd choose one of the Baby Joggers because they have the tallest seats. I think that this year's Baby Jogger models are lighter than previous years, but I'm not sure. It's been a while since I looked into it.

meme9300
04-08-2009, 04:39 PM
The T-Tario is the Snugride 32 in sheeps clothing (or a french terry liner :). It is the same seat.

Lila
04-08-2009, 07:57 PM
haha meme9300....

So what am I doing then? Am I just buying a T-Tario for the lining? Does it really make much of a difference? (People also seemed to have trouble with the handle on the SnugRide)

codex57
04-08-2009, 09:12 PM
What trouble with the handle?

But yeah, you're basically buying the T-Tario for the better fabrics. That's really the main complaint for the Graco.

meme9300
04-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Honestly that french terry liner might get a bit hot...when is your baby due?

You are paying $80 more for the same seat if you go with the T-tario. I think that the montreal and zurich prints on the SR 32 aren't all that bad.

Any idea whether or not your baby will be big or small? The large seats like the snugride 32 aren't great for small babies (like less than 6 lbs). Plus, in my experience by the time your baby is about 8 months they won't love being in the infant seat. My LO outgrew his SR 22 at 8 months by length (not weight).

I had a SR 22 and LOVED it.

Both the BOB and baby jogger are really nice strollers...I think the carseat adaptor on both takes both snugrides. If I were you I would save that extra $80 and invest it in the stroller or stroller accessories and just get the Graco seat!

Good luck!

Lila
04-09-2009, 10:26 AM
I have a good feeling I'll have a big baby - due in August. My DBF is tall, and so am I, and I'm already measuring a week ahead of where I am. I'm in NJ, so it's generally hot here August and September.

Lila
04-09-2009, 10:33 AM
So I keep going back and forth - not sure why I let people talk me into things. I'm going to get the SnugRide and just shut up about it - at least I can register for it on BBRUS and not have to go to a specialty store for the Teutonia. But BBRUS has limited selection - I don't want the Bombay, and the Lemongrass (the only other color they have) is temporarily sold out (though my shower isn't until June 28).

I'll probably get the BOB or BJ Elite, but I'll only have a couple months to use them outside - baby is due August 18, and it starts getting cold here in October. Then I have to wait until April. So think I should also just register for a snap and go to have something to use inside?

Thanks!

codex57
04-09-2009, 02:30 PM
We have a SR22 and DS loved it too. Liked it better than the Britax Blvd or Recaro Como. It really depends on the baby.

Yeah, the snap and go is a good idea. That's all you need when you have an infant seat. Then, when they're a few months old, you have a LOT more options as to what kind of stroller to get and you'll also have a better idea as to what you want in a stroller. There's no "perfect" stroller out there. Some are just much better fits for your particular situation than others. However, many new parents don't know what they like/dislike until they've played with a stroller for a while. The Snap n Go gets recommended so much cuz it's cheap and light. Perfect "training" stroller so to speak.

WatchingThemGrow
04-09-2009, 02:40 PM
I would NOT have been happy with a SnG. Walking outside in the evenings with DH when I have a new baby and don't really go places during the day keeps me sane. A SnG has cruddy, bumpy hard wheels and keeping the baby in the carseat led to a flat head for DD. If you're leaning toward a BOB or BJ Elite, I'd say you're on the right track. We put DS directly into the BJ which helped with his head, somewhat. We loved having a great stroller from birth with DD - the Cameleon and its air-filled wheels made a huge difference for our family's pushing and riding comfort.

The BJ is fine for inside. totally fine. The BOB is manageable. People do it. I don't want to talk you into anything, but if you can ask all your questions now (like you have been) and register for stuff, I don't see why you'd wait until later to get a real stroller. You've already been doing the homework, and IME the prices of things don't go down as the years go by.

Lila
04-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Hi,

Thanks, I decided to go with the SnugRide 32 - some version of the BJ (haven't decided yet - Elite? Classic?) and a sng - just for ease of being inside?

Joolsplus2
04-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Yeah, sounds good :D. SNG just for pretty quick errands when you're out alone. Don't forget to shop around for slings or a bjorn, babies sometimes hate being in carseats or strollers at all, lol.

codex57
04-09-2009, 04:49 PM
If you buy the snap n go used (like craigslist), you can often find them for $20 or so. That's not much to pay for a quickie travel stroller. Say, you go in someone else's car that doesn't have room for the big jogging stroller. Something like that. It's not much outlay for the convenience. Shoot, just look at prices for the BJ car seat adaptor bar and compare it to used SnG prices.