PDA

View Full Version : ISO Sunhats

lisa928
04-08-2009, 08:36 PM
I am looking for the best place to buy sunhats for my twin girls who are now 5 months. I would prefer solid colors (pink, white, etc.) so that they would match more. Any suggestions? I have been lookling online as well as in stors. I asked at Kohls today and they said "not yet" although they had all summer clothes out. It does not need to be the cheapest place, but I do not want to spend too much money. In other words a balance of quality and cost.

Thanks in advance.

ray7694
04-08-2009, 08:46 PM
I love the gap sunhats. They seem to hold up really well and I my dd needs a strap or the hat is off.

dazdance
04-08-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm looking for these too. I looked at Gymbo and they were too patterned to be worn with anything but the matching suit of course :)

junebaby07
04-08-2009, 08:57 PM
hannaandersson.com always has nice hats and you can get them in little sizes!

amycoh
04-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Hanna Anderson have the best IMO- occasionally they go on super sale for $4, I would call the outlet stores and see if they have some in stock.
They are adorable!

WatchingThemGrow
04-08-2009, 09:07 PM
We like the Hanna ones too. They aren't likely to be on sale right now, though, I'm thinking. Wait, maybe the outlets DID say they were when I called last week.

We got a Columbia hat for DD this weekend that is awesome - like the Bora Bora, but a girly version. Too big for a 5 mo. old though...

lisa928
04-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Thanks, I had never heard of Hanna Anderson. They are cute. I am not too sure about the tie under chin though, as I was thinking about velco. It might work though. Right now they are $11.60 regular $14.50. Are they likely to go down, as I can wait a little bit? $4 would be great, but is that more end of summer sale if it happens?

newg
04-08-2009, 09:15 PM
I bought a solid pink one at gap..but no chin strap (I'm thinking of just sewing one on)...also bought one at gymbo...flower pattern, but really cute...they did have some solid colored ones in the back with the infant clothes......also children's place had some cute ones a few weeks ago that were solid..but did not fit my big dd's head !

jent
04-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Thanks, I had never heard of Hanna Anderson. They are cute. I am not too sure about the tie under chin though, as I was thinking about velco. It might work though. Right now they are $11.60 regular $14.50. Are they likely to go down, as I can wait a little bit? $4 would be great, but is that more end of summer sale if it happens?

1. If you hang out on these boards, you will hear about Hannas a lot. (I'm not a huge fan, but I like those hats.)

2. Don't worry about the tie under the chin. It's not hard to do, but DD always protested it, so we let the straps hang down her back (or loosely tied behind) and the hat stays on ok without it.

3. They will probably not go on sale any further until the end of the summer.

las710
04-08-2009, 09:59 PM
I've seen solid ones at Target for about $6 and bought one at Old Navy for about $8.50. I think both places have patterned ones too.

kimbe
04-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Just wanted to say that the Hanna sunhats might seem expensive, but they are worth every penny and they will probably get you through more than one season/child. The ones that I have hats that have been worn continuously for almost 4 years now by one kid or another. The go in the wash with no problems at all. They also block the UVA/UVB.

If you live where is chilly but sunny, one of their pilot hats fits nicely under the sunhat so you get ear coverage and sun protection.

I have more of these hats than I can count, but one for each kid would work fine! ;)

ourbabygirl
04-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Yeah, I bought two white sunhats (they have chin straps) for my baby girl, one for this year and one for next (may as well think ahead! no pun intended)... $8.50 each, which is a bit much, but I like having them ready when needed :tongue5:

DrSally
04-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I just got one at Gymbo, but it was very patterned. I like that it is lightweight and has a wide brim. It has pink it it, so I imagine it would go ok with a lot of girl clothes. I'm not too picky about matching. Target had some, but I found the brim to be smaller.

wellyes
04-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Land's End has a nice, plain one with UPF 50: http://www.landsend.com/pp/SwimHat~166114_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BEQ&CM_MERCH=IDX_00003__0000000395&origin=index

I ordered this hat, a upf t-shirt and a upf pair of swim shorts (all filed under 'boy') for my 12 month old DD. The three items combined = $10 off. Use code APR8 / pin 3032 for an extra 20% off, so all three items were $34 shipped.

malphy
04-09-2009, 07:34 AM
If you have a buybuybaby near you they have a huge selection of sunhats.

lisa928
04-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Yes I have a local buybuybaby and have both coupons (bed bath and beyond) and a $100 gift card... thanks! I try to stay out of there on a normal basis otherwise I find a lot of stuff that I "need". If that does not work I will try the other posters suggestions.

Thanks everyone.

nabigus
04-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Stop the presses! I wanted the perfect sun hat when ds was a baby, and tried a bunch of them before I found one that was pretty much perfect.
(drumroll please)

The iPlay solid color hats are AWESOME. they're really lightweight, they have a nice wide brim that doesn't flop down into the kiddo's face (unlike one of the ones I got from Hanna), they have a chin strap, and they have this awesome toggle adjustment in the headband itself. And, they're super affordable (like $8). AND they come in great colors.

In short, this hat rocks.

Here's a couple places to find it:
http://www.myswimbaby.com/catalog.php?category=36
http://www.bambinomountain.com/IP236.html

I would NOT get their reversible hat, though. The brim is much floppier and doesn't stay out of the face, and it doesn't have the toggle adjustment, so it doesn't stay on like the solid one. Plus, the shape of the "bowl" of the hat is different, and doesn't fit nearly as well.

WatchingThemGrow
04-09-2009, 09:46 AM
just wanted to add the ones at Target didn't do it for us - too wimpy.

lisa928
04-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Thanks. I googled iPlay hats and they are actually sold at buybuybaby for $10, which will be $8 with my coupon. Perfect!

sqflat
04-09-2009, 12:33 PM
REI has a great selection of sunhats for babies, including some reversible ones. They are on the pricier side, but they generally have great quality items.

http://www.rei.com/category/4500237/q/Kids%27+Hats

If you have a store near you, you can ship it to the store and pick it up there for free. And if you don't like the item, you can just return it on the spot.

citymama
04-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Another vote for the Hanna sunhats. Even if you don't get them now, when they go on sale, grab them for next summer!