PDA

View Full Version : Forever Cocoon / Cocoon cribs

BuffMel
04-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Has anyone purchased these cribs? www.forevercocoon.com I do not think they are reviewed in Baby Bargains.

Lila
04-09-2009, 10:24 AM
No, but I'm looking into them. I'm pretty sure they're made by Baby's Dream. What do you make of the safety info about formaldyhide on their site?

BuffMel
04-09-2009, 10:43 AM
I read that. It seems to be a very low amount and every piece of furniture in the world has some kind of chemical in it. The letter did say that MDF is used in the drawer bottoms and back panels, so I wouldn't worry because baby won't sleep in that.

I just found out Cocoon had a B+ rating in the current Baby Bargains. It's under Baby's Dream.

MykelandLacey
04-09-2009, 12:04 PM
we are also considering the cocoon (Series 2000) crib. we checked it out at our local store. looks like real nice quality. we will probably end up ordering it soon.

Lila
04-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Why did it get a B+? I'm also looking at the Peyton Lifestyle by Bonavita, will post a thread on this now...

Lila
04-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Among the cribs I'm considering (Graco's Lauren and Davinci). I think I want a non-drop side crib. I am seriously considering either the Bonavita Peyton or the Baby's Dream Cocoon Series .... What do you guys think?

BuffMel
04-10-2009, 12:11 PM
(deleted entry because I didn't realize previous post was in a different thread)

bt0510
04-12-2009, 02:31 PM
We ordered the Cocoon 5000 series. We really liked the quality and design. The floor model was very sturdy, and it had the toddler rail, not the full crib front. So that made me believe the crib would be extremely sturdy.

Unfortunately, the 5000 series is discontinued, so you probably would not be able to get that one. All other series are not discontinued from what we are told. We haven't received the furniture yet, but are guaranteed that it is on our way. We were told the reason is the distributor of the wood they use in the 5000 series has raised the price. The 5000 and upcoming 7000 series have very similar design, and due to the rise in price for the 5000, they two series would be in a competitive price situation.

I can also say that the floor model is now gone at the store we bought it from. Reason being one of the sales women wanted it really bad because she loved the design and quality. So she bought the floor model now that it is discontinued.