PDA

View Full Version : Week Long Vacation

vonfirmath
04-09-2009, 09:55 AM
We're going on a week long vacation to a rented house with extended family and a 2 year old (there will be 2 two-year olds there)

Obviously, this house doesn't have any toys for little ones.

How many toys should we take to keep entertained. what type of toys are easy to transport? Perhaps buying something there?

Suggestions are very welcome. I can work with the other two-year-old's mommy to split up what is brought, if necessary. But I fear the havoc that will happen if we don't have toys there for the kids to play with.

WatchingThemGrow
04-09-2009, 09:57 AM
If it is warm, a blow up pool for the deck can be extremely fun for them! Just toss in some plastic cups and sit back!

elizabethkott
04-09-2009, 09:59 AM
DS is currently obsessed with cars. Matchbox cars, school buses, dumptrucks, etc. He loves to take his little miniature Ernie, Cookie Monster and Elmo and sort of balance them on the cars and plays for HOURS with them - lining cars up, "driving" places, "washing" the cars (they even go in the bath with him and then he spends like 20 minutes drying them when he gets out).
I've been able to find lots of good little toys in the supermarket, of all places. Our local Stop and Shop has a pretty impressive selection of cars, play-dough, balls, etc. You could always try picking some stuff up like that when you do your first run to the supermarket.

Jen841
04-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Decks of cards, markers,...

A deck of cards is HOURS of fun. You can make roads for matchbox cards, treasure hunt maps, make up games,... ended light packing fun.

Twoboos
04-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Did you check w/the owners to see if they have toys available? B/c the first year we took DD1 to a rented house, we brought a bunch of toys, and they HAD a bunch of toys there, which were obviously more fun than the ones we hauled with us! LOL.

Could be worth a call.