PDA

View Full Version : Crib Recommendation? Munire or Creations?

lisamarie323
04-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi! I would love any advice you are able to share on crib recommendations. My husband & I are looking at the Munire Savoy w/Leather crib and the Creations Ravenna crib. We love the look of both of them, and they both seem pretty solid, but I would love to hear if anyone has purchased these particular models or has any thoughts/feedback/experience with the manufacturers. We would like the crib to last through at least 2 children and then become a full size bed for use in the future, so quality is very important. Thanks!

RMessinger
05-14-2009, 09:53 PM
My husband and I were just in a store last weekend looking at Munire and Creations. I was worried about Munire because I heard about finishes chipping, but after talking to the salesguy and looking at everything, we went with the Munire Savoy. If you try the different dressers you'll notice the Creations have a track on the bottom that can warp in different climates. While the Munire has rails on the sides that slide on a bearing I think. But they move much smoother. Also, the corners of the dresser drawers use the dove tail that BB talks about while Creations look to be glued on. The store guy saw us looking at 2 sets that were about the same price and told me he was going to tell me what he said to his daughter a few days before me. Munire is much better quality, don't waste your time on Creations. And that's what we ended up ordering.

Hope that's somewhat helpful! :wavey:

crimscrem
06-07-2009, 06:32 PM
My husband and I were just in a store last weekend looking at Munire and Creations. I was worried about Munire because I heard about finishes chipping, but after talking to the salesguy and looking at everything, we went with the Munire Savoy. If you try the different dressers you'll notice the Creations have a track on the bottom that can warp in different climates. While the Munire has rails on the sides that slide on a bearing I think. But they move much smoother. Also, the corners of the dresser drawers use the dove tail that BB talks about while Creations look to be glued on. The store guy saw us looking at 2 sets that were about the same price and told me he was going to tell me what he said to his daughter a few days before me. Munire is much better quality, don't waste your time on Creations. And that's what we ended up ordering.

Hope that's somewhat helpful! :wavey:

I strongly recommend Munire. We bought Newport back in 2006, which was ultimately recalled this year. Munire was incredible in responding to our concerns and really went out of their way to make things right. We dealt with Munire rather than the store. They were so great that we decided to go with Munire again for our second child. We got the Newport Espresso. The furniture arrived in 6 weeks. Our first order back in 2006 arrived in 5 weeks.

Munire just makes a quality product--solid hardwood, dovetail drawers that move in and out very smoothly. The black and white does tend to chip a bit, but you typically find that with any furniture because the black and white are painted on. I believe that lends itself to chip more easily than the espresso, which is a stain. If your furniture chips, then call Munire. I believe they have touch up paint they can send you.

Melstar
06-07-2009, 09:12 PM
I went with Creations "Summer Evening" crib, armoire and combo dresser/changing table. I just loved the style and color and the set matches my existing furniture pretty closely. The one issue I was concerned about was that the drawer slides are wood on wood which I'm not crazy about. I would much rather see drawer slides on wheels or rails although the store owner told me there can sometimes be problems with the wheel slides breaking or warping.

I also like Muniere "Newport" which was my second choice. I was told by the store owner that Creations and Muniere were of the same quality (both have some pros and cons) and it was really just a matter of personal taste which one was better.