PDA

View Full Version : Bonavita Peyton LifeStyle or Baby's Dream Cocoon Series?

Lila
04-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Among the cribs I'm considering (Graco's Lauren and Davinci). I think I want a non-drop side crib. I am seriously considering either the Bonavita Peyton or the Baby's Dream Cocoon Series .... What do you guys think?
Edit/Delete Message

newg
04-09-2009, 05:04 PM
I have the peyton in white and it's beautiful. I'm 5'5'', so the shorter front is nice for me now that dd is all the way on the bottom slots for her mattress. There are only two slight drawbacks...with the curved sides..it is hard to fit any type of toy, mobile, or musical thing to the side ..we have the ficher price rainforest soother on the side; it's on there secure, but slanted......and with the front and back having thicker tops (if that makes sense) we kinda had to create our own way of having dd's mobile up.....we just stuck it between the slats (had the tiny love one with the screw) since it would not fit over the top of the rail.
All that being said, I still love her crib...beautiful and simple...and it's going to make a darling toddler bed and full size bed one day.
I think in general bonavita furniture is very well made for the price...I really love the dovetail drawers...one of the little quality details I was looking for.

wendibird22
04-09-2009, 08:12 PM
I have the peyton in white and it's beautiful. I'm 5'5'', so the shorter front is nice for me now that dd is all the way on the bottom slots for her mattress. There are only two slight drawbacks...with the curved sides..it is hard to fit any type of toy, mobile, or musical thing to the side ..we have the ficher price rainforest soother on the side; it's on there secure, but slanted......and with the front and back having thicker tops (if that makes sense) we kinda had to create our own way of having dd's mobile up.....we just stuck it between the slats (had the tiny love one with the screw) since it would not fit over the top of the rail.
All that being said, I still love her crib...beautiful and simple...and it's going to make a darling toddler bed and full size bed one day.
I think in general bonavita furniture is very well made for the price...I really love the dovetail drawers...one of the little quality details I was looking for.
:yeahthat:

Lila
04-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Okay, thanks! And this is stationary side crib, right? What kind of wood is it? No problems with varnish or parts falling out??? :)

I like the sturdiness and simplicity of it too. The Cocoon, I think, is very similar, but I don't hear from many people with it.

newg
04-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Yeah, the 4 in 1 lifestyle crib (crib, toddle bed, daybed, full size bed)...
can't remember off the top of my head the type of wood...but I do remember reading about it in the baby bargains book. No problems with the varnish...minus dd chewing on it every so often..but we have white and you can't see any blemishes on it, which is nice....parts are awsome....dh has literaly stood on it, leaned on..done everything he can to test it and he's 6'5'', 230 lbs...the thing does not move!!

wendibird22
04-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Ours is solid as a rock. Assembled easily and lowering the mattress was easy as well. And like OP, the only "marks" on it are were DD rubbed her brand new front teeth. We should be able to touch that up with a little dab of paint. We also have the changing table/dresser that has 3 drawers and a cabinet. That is also a solid, well made piece of furniture.

Lila
04-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Great! Can you guys find reviews on these anywhere? Which model do you have? Which changing/dresser? I'm registered for an Amy Coe one on BBRUS that I think I'll love. But I don't know that it'll match. Oh well.

BuffMel
04-10-2009, 12:20 PM
I think the Cocoon series is a lot sturdier than the Graco Lauren. Compare them by giving them a good shake and see how they feel.

Lila
04-10-2009, 01:05 PM
I agree with you about Graco. Consumer resports likes the Ocean crib, too.... doesn't mention the Cocoon. But I'm seriously considering a Peyton, just not sure about the regular or Lifestyle.

newg
04-10-2009, 03:53 PM
I also have the changing table/dresser that has the three drawers and one cabinet. I'm trying to convince dh to get the five drawer dresser for dd now that she is getting bigger and so are her clothes. I noticed they also have a hutch and cute end table to go with the series....so now I'm super excited for when dd gets her big girl room. The didn't have a hutch available last year when I bought the two pieces.
I decided on the peyton after reading the good review in the baby bargains book. Plus I liked the idea of helpling out a local kids furniture store rather and figured they would have the style around a lot longer than BRU.

Lila
04-10-2009, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't have room for all that furniture - just my rocker, a dresser/changer, and the crib.

But when people are saying "Peyton" do you mean the regular, or the Lifestyle - the one with the higher back? And does it matter? Does bbargains specify which one to get? Or are they both stable, well-liked, secure, safe, etc...

newg
04-11-2009, 09:19 PM
sorry!
I have the peyton lifestyle crib in white (the one with the higher back that converts to four different beds), the dresser/changing table and a rocking chair (which I got at costco!) in dd's room; plus two bookshelves.
Honestly don't have room for the large dresser either; we'll probably end up doing one of thoes closest systems to give her some more space to store clothes and shoes.

cecilluen
04-28-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm planning to get a lifestyle too...was thinking about the nightstand but it's so expensive for a nightstand....did you get a rocker in costco in white too?