PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Eco Crib

GracieCat
04-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Anyone seen or know anything about the new Graco Dakota Eco Friendly crib at Walmart? Any idea of the quality? It's $200 and still listed as "Coming Soon" on their website. When will it be available? How do think it might compare to the IKEA cribs? Thanks!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10759834&findingMethod=rr

JoanieBelle
05-05-2009, 04:20 PM
It's still listed as "coming soon" on the website, but I just ordered it and got a shipping confirmation, so I think the "coming soon" may be incorrect.

I'll let you know how the crib is when it arrives (early next week).

GracieCat
05-05-2009, 04:28 PM
I went ahead and ordered the Munire Essex Lifetime crib in white since the clock is ticking. I'll post a review when we get it. We tested cribs and I decided I liked the big, sturdy ones that don't budge! I hope the paint doesn't chip though!

Let us know what the Dakota is like, especially since it is "green". Also, I did order the Little Castle Sterling Glider/Recliner from Walmart which should be in in the next few weeks. I'll review that as well.

JoanieBelle
05-12-2009, 10:40 AM
I got the graco dakota crib early (last thursday after ordering it on Monday) and put it together within 45 minutes by myself (I'm 7 months along). It is a basic crib, sturdy, but not thick and heavy. I like that it has the fixed sides and a spring platform.

It converts to a full size bed and has three mattress adjustments. It comes with casters, but I don't know if I'll use them. I don't have the mattress in, but it seems like it'll be easy to get a baby in and out of the 1st and 2nd setting - I'm not sure about the third. I'm 5'5 but have shortish arms and it's hard to judge with the belly in the way. DH thinks it'll be fine though.

The wood is much more brown than it appears on the website. I thought on the website it looked black, but it is a walnut coffee color, as stated on the website.

It's basic and decent and I think a great deal for the cost.

Overall, I'm very happy with my choice. :)

A side note: No where on the box or anywhere does it state that it's 'green' and that seems like something they'd brag about a lot. I would have bought it regardless, but if someone were a hardcore environmentalist, I would check out how much truth there is to this claim. I'm just not buying it...lol.