PDA

View Full Version : Messages for Lana and family? The prayer blankets are almost done...

MamaKath
04-10-2009, 01:12 AM
So my kids and I will be done with the prayer blankets for Carmen and Lauren are almost done (working on bindings), thanks to some help from a friend here who helped me and the kids figure them out. :love5: They should be complete for me to send sometime next week. I was thinking it would be neat to include messages/prayers/positive thoughts from the BBB folks if anyone wants to post. I need to come up with a good way to present them (maybe just cut and paste into word) but I have a couple days to think of that. I know lots of you are not here because of Easter and spring break, but I am hoping some folks are still around. So if you are please post a "Dear Lana" message... :)

citymama
04-10-2009, 02:07 AM
How incredibly thoughtful and kind. This is SUCH a great idea. Re messages from the rest of us - how long should they be? Is the idea to include a single message from us as part of the blankets themselves? Or short messages from individuals to print out and include in a card. Let us know so we can get these to you ASAP. Thank you so much.

Mamma2004
04-10-2009, 06:46 AM
How incredibly thoughtful and kind. This is SUCH a great idea. Re messages from the rest of us - how long should they be? Is the idea to include a single message from us as part of the blankets themselves? Or short messages from individuals to print out and include in a card. Let us know so we can get these to you ASAP. Thank you so much.

:yeahthat:

I am continually amazed by the kindness and thoughtfulness of the BBB members.

I would be happy to submit a message -just let us know how long, single from the BBB or separate from individual members, etc.

Thank you for your work!!!

Melaine
04-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Warms my heart that you are doing this. Let us know how long; I'd like to share a Bible verse.

MamaKath
04-10-2009, 08:41 AM
They can be as long as you want, they will go into a card of some kind. I have access to a laminator, so maybe I can make it into some kind of poster even. I figured it would go well with the blankets, just lots of thoughts from this community. Bible verses are great Melaine!

elephantmeg
04-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Dear Lana and family,

Wishing you God's peace and comfort for all days, and praying for you that you will have strength when you feel that you can't go on, comfort when you feel that no one understands and wisdom when you feel unsure. May God richly bless your whole family for the beautiful care you give both of your daughters. Margaret

NancyJ_redo
04-10-2009, 01:02 PM
The blankets are a great idea!

Dear Lana and family,

Wishing you God's peace and comfort for all days, and praying for you that you will have strength when you feel that you can't go on, comfort when you feel that no one understands and wisdom when you feel unsure. May God richly bless your whole family for the beautiful care you give both of your daughters. Margaret

Now seriously, there is no way I can post my message after that. Mine will look like a lame Hallmark saying (or worse) compared to Meg's beautiful message. I'll work on mine and post later.

janeybwild
04-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Lana, thank you for allowing us to share in the magic that is Carmen. May God bless and keep you all.
Janey

shawnandangel
04-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Dear Lana,
Peter Henry Abrahams said "To live with the conscious knowledge of the shadow of uncertainty, with the knowledge that disaster or tragedy could strike at any time; to be afraid and to know and acknowledge your fear, and still to live creatively and with unstinting love: that is to live with grace." Thank you for showing us here at the BBB what it really is to live with grace. God Bless.

Angelina

JTsMom
04-10-2009, 02:28 PM
What a wonderful idea. Thank you for putting this all together. If you're still looking for a way to make the messages pretty, one easy way would be to buy an inexpensive brag/photo type book (Michaels and/or the Dollar Store would be good places to pick one up). You could print out the messages and slip them right into the photo slots. Just an idea.

Dear Lana and family,
Wishing you peace and comfort, now and always. Thank you so much for sharing stories of Carmen's journey with us. Please know that you all are in our thoughts and prayers.

MamaMolly
04-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Dear Lana,
Peace, comfort and all our love. Your beautiful family is an inspiration to us all.
Molly

Melaine
04-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Isaiah 40:28-31 “Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and strengthens the powerless. Even youths will faint and be weary, and the young will fall exhausted; but those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings of eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.”

Melaine
04-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Just want to bump this up.

Melaine
04-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Bumping again.

citymama
04-13-2009, 01:51 AM
God bless you and your precious family. Thank you for sharing their stories, lives and beauty with us.

MamaKath
04-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Any one else??? :-) I am planning to work on this part (the card) tomorrow.

shawnandangel
04-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Bumping it up

spunkybaby
04-14-2009, 03:39 AM
I have been wanting to post something for several days but have had writer's block (not sure what to say since the blanket seems like such a nice gift for such a nice family), so I am just going to paste part of my response from Lana's good-bye post (p.s. MamaKath--I suspect others may be having similar writer's block--what do you think about just printing out the responses from Lana's good-bye thread?):

Lana--I will miss your posts. Thank you so much for sharing your family's journey with Carmen. She is so blessed to have you, Dave, and Lauren as her family. The "mistake" the adoption agency coordinator made was truly ordained by God. I pray that Jesus continues to hold all of you close and to give you strength and comfort as you continue your journey. I will be following your blog. Blessings to you!

With deep admiration,
Em (spunkybaby on the BBB)

mommy111
04-14-2009, 05:11 AM
What an incredibly thoughtful idea!
Dear Lana,
Thank you for sharing Carmen with us. I am in awe of your strenghth and that of your family. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.
Ady (mommy111)

jgenie
04-14-2009, 10:14 AM
I have been wanting to post something for several days but have had writer's block (not sure what to say since the blanket seems like such a nice gift for such a nice family), so I am just going to paste part of my response from Lana's good-bye post (p.s. MamaKath--I suspect others may be having similar writer's block--what do you think about just printing out the responses from Lana's good-bye thread?):

Lana,
I have enjoyed reading your posts and will miss your perspective. Thank you for sharing your family with us. Your family is a true testament to the power of faith. May you continue to be surrounded by peace and love.

citymama
04-14-2009, 03:06 PM
MamaKath - I suspect a lot of people want to send good wishes to Lana but have writer's block or can't add anything new to the wonderful sentiments expressed already. Why not just sign the message "from the BBB community" on behalf of all of us? I am fine not having my individual message sent (although mine was not as profound as some of the others!). People could email back just their names or BB monikers to have them added to the sign-on list.

Just a thought. Thanks again!

o_mom
04-15-2009, 06:57 AM
MamaKath - I suspect a lot of people want to send good wishes to Lana but have writer's block or can't add anything new to the wonderful sentiments expressed already. Why not just sign the message "from the BBB community" on behalf of all of us? I am fine not having my individual message sent (although mine was not as profound as some of the others!). People could email back just their names or BB monikers to have them added to the sign-on list.

After reading these beautiful responses, I can't think of anything to add. I think that printing the goodbye thread would be the best.

ThreeofUs
04-15-2009, 10:14 AM
I hate to be at a loss for words, but after reading some of the messages here, I am humbled. From the bottom of my heart, I wish Lana and her family the very best, and am in awe of their strength and love.

Thank you so much for making the blankets and including our messages.

MontrealMum
04-15-2009, 11:33 AM
I feel a bit lame saying this, but I just can't think of adequate words to send to Lana and family. I just get so overwhelmed by how hugely important the choice is. But I wanted to say thank you so much for doing this, I think it's a wonderful thing :)

MamaKath
04-15-2009, 12:10 PM
I am going to work to incorporate names. I am unable to print all the messages easily with how the site is set up, or I would. My dh is having some more major suff done to his feet Friday, so I will take things with me to the hospital to work on while I wait. I am trying to make a list of names from the other thread, I figure that combined with some of the well spoken thoughts and verses from this thread will be a nice blessing for their family. :-)

Wife_and_mommy
04-15-2009, 12:28 PM
I am going to work to incorporate names. I am unable to print all the messages easily with how the site is set up, or I would. My dh is having some more major suff done to his feet Friday, so I will take things with me to the hospital to work on while I wait. I am trying to make a list of names from the other thread, I figure that combined with some of the well spoken thoughts and verses from this thread will be a nice blessing for their family. :-)

Kath,

I like your plan and appreciate you including all of us in it.

Praying your DH's stuff goes well. :hug:

turtledove
04-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Lana and family-

Your strength is an inspiration to us all. May God hold you and comfort you in the days ahead.

sarahsthreads
04-15-2009, 09:44 PM

I'm feeling like this too, but I'll do my best...

Lana,

Thank you for sharing Carmen's life with us. I'm wishing you and your family peace and joy, and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sarah

npace19147
04-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Dear Lana, I have admired your strength and courage in your journey with Carmen. May you be surrounded by love and comfort in all the days ahead.

-Nancy

maylips
04-16-2009, 11:23 AM
I don't really know what to say to her. That video was so amazing - so sad, but so inspiring. What a blessing Carmen is to that family, and how blessed is Carmen that God gave her such great people to love her through her too-short life.

So thank you for doing the prayer blanket on behalf of all of us. It's amazing how strangers touch your life in such a humbling and loving way.

mudder17
04-16-2009, 03:25 PM
That is so thoughtful of you! Thank you for doing this.

Dear Lana and Family,

Thank you so much for sharing with us your precious gift of Carmen. May God watch over you and your family in the coming days and fill them with peace, comfort, and joy.

With Love and Admiration,

Eileen and Family (mudder17)

MMMommy
04-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Dear Lana,

You are an inspiration, and I thank you for having shared all that you have shared. My heart goes out to you and your family, and my sincerest of thoughts are with you.

bubbaray
04-18-2009, 12:01 AM
Kath, I missed this because I view through new posts.

Like omom, I don't know what to say. I am truly humbled by Lana's strength. She and her family with be in my thoughts and prayers.

strollerqueen
04-18-2009, 02:10 AM
Peace and blessings to you and your wonderful family.

JMS
04-18-2009, 07:15 AM
Lana,
You and your family are in my constant thoughts and prayers. You are an inspirational mother and a beautiful soul.
Jacquelyn

jayali
04-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Lana,

I thank you for your strength and grace for sharing the gift of Carmen with us. While Carmen's time here may be short her story will forever live in my heart. I pray that you and your family will find peace in the coming months.

Peace,
Jeannine