PDA

View Full Version : Groin pain AFTER a year from giving birth

TraciG
04-10-2009, 09:04 AM
I still have groin / bikini line pain on my right side. It happen's a lot when I hold Jacob , I know it's from his weight. Sometime's it feel's like it goes out & I can't stand up straight for a few second's & sometimes I have to limp ! Should I call the doc or is this something that there is nothing you can do for it ?

daisyd
04-10-2009, 09:19 AM
I'd call the dr. I'd be worried about a hernia. May be you should be wary of lifting heavy weights until you get it checked out. Take care Traci.

Momof3Labs
04-10-2009, 10:21 AM
See your dr and ask for a referral to a good physical therapist. Mine took me from barely functional following DS2 to better than I was pre-kids. It's probably unlikely that this will heal on its own.

TraciG
04-10-2009, 10:36 AM
what kind of doc do I call, internist or gynocologist ?

TraciG
04-10-2009, 10:48 AM
called gynocologist, of course who I talked to said it wasn't a common thing & to call the internist. She suggested holding Jacob on my other side, GREAT!

writermama
04-10-2009, 12:33 PM
See your dr and ask for a referral to a good physical therapist.
:yeahthat:

writermama
04-10-2009, 12:38 PM
She suggested holding Jacob on my other side, GREAT!

Yeah, the PT office I saw had two wonderful PTs -- one a mommy and one a mommy-to-be. mommy-to-be PT would say, "don't do that" or "try the other side." mommy PT would roll her eyes and then say, "well, yeah, that's what a PT is supposed to say, but as a mommy, I know that it doesn't always work that way. do what you have to do, and we'll do what we can to help."

If you can find a good PT who will use things like manual therapy and spend time working with you, he or she is easily worth his or her weight in gold.

Momof3Labs
04-10-2009, 03:34 PM
So call one of them back and TELL them that you want a referral to a physical therapist. What do they have to lose by allowing a PT evaluate you?