PDA

View Full Version : Do I panic about this?

Twoboos
04-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Just got AF - two weeks early. Usually I am right on time, around 27/28/29 days.

WTH is this. I am trying not to freak out. Is this the beginning of pre-menopause now that I'm "old" (37)??

Not a nice bday gift today. :irked:

gatorsmom
04-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Just got AF - two weeks early. Usually I am right on time, around 27/28/29 days.

WTH is this. I am trying not to freak out. Is this the beginning of pre-menopause now that I'm "old" (37)??

Not a nice bday gift today. :irked:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Btw, if you are old, so am I. I turned 37 in December. :tongue5:

MMMommy
04-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Happy birthday! I will be 37 in September. I noticed that my period has changed within the past year or two. Light spotting for a few days, followed by maybe one day of heavy flow, and then very light flow after that for just a few more days. What is that? And it keeps rotating a couple of days earlier every month. I've been wondering what it all means.

Moneypenny
04-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Happy Birthday!! I'm 37, too and my period is all goofy. Lately I feel like I have it all the time (really, it comes about every 2.5 - 3 weeks). Ugh. My ob/gyn said it's a normal part of the aging process. I won't mention how disheartened I was to realize that talk about The Aging Process is now going to be a normal part of my checkups.

Twoboos
04-10-2009, 01:14 PM
I was thinking about it and I first got my period on my 12th bday. (Woke up to a bedful of blood - UNFUN!) Now this, exactly 25 years later, how weird is that???

This just sucks, we have plans tonight. And I feel like crap. Need to find some Midol asap!

shawnandangel
04-10-2009, 01:18 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! sorry you got AF but I wouldn't panic, lots of things can change your cycle.

ILoveLucy
04-10-2009, 01:36 PM
This exact thing happened to me a couple months ago, and I posted about my panic here, too. I'm 39 and have been totally regular since I was 12. I was so upset because we are TTC and that had never happened before. I didn't ovulate and my period started a bit after when I expected ovulation. However, it went right back to normal with the next period, which came 28 days after the 2-week early one.

I wouldn't worry about a one-off of this.

Happy birthday! Enjoy 37. :)