PDA

View Full Version : Lost new sunglasses about a week after I got them **UPDATE**

Ceepa
04-10-2009, 02:37 PM
I found them!! :cheerleader1::cheerleader1::cheerleader1:

I was digging in the car and went into a backpack I keep with extra clothes, crayons, etc. I was looking for something else when I felt the sunglasses. I have no idea how they got to the bottom of that bag. I never go in it.

Anyway I was so excited I came in wearing them and DC yells, "You found them!" I laughed.

Me: "Thank you for sharing my excitement about finding them."
DC: "Well thank you for sharing your excitement with me."

Yay for finding lost things!

Why do I even bother to buy new ones when I lose them so quickly? And this time I treated myself to a pair that was nicer than the ones I usually pick up off a rack at the mall. My only hope is that they're buried in the car or under the paperwork stack on the kitchen counter.

I haven't seen them in about 10 days. Gah!

Wife_and_mommy
04-10-2009, 05:42 PM
I hate that. I never buy expensive sunglasses for that reason.

OTOH, I lose my cell phone under the car seats all the time so here's hoping that's where they are!

ellies mom
04-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Oh that sucks. I hope you find them. Last summer, the husband bought me a really nice pair and I thought I lost them a few weeks later. I was literally sick to my stomach but luckily I found them. Check all your bags and all your jackets. Even if you are sure you haven't worn or carried them. If you have been using an Ergo, don't forget to check the front pocket and check out your children's hiding spots. Good luck!

Melbel
04-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Did you purchase the sunglasses with a credit card? Some cards provide protection for a limited time period (i.e. 90 days) after purchase. I once lost a pair of sunglasses on day 89 and learned that I had 90 day protection through Citibank.

MamaMolly
04-10-2009, 10:33 PM
This is why I no longer buy sunglasses anywhere else than Walmart. Like the $5 rack, you know? Because either I'll loose them, drop them and scratch them RIGHT smack on the center of the lens, or DD will grab them by the ear pieces and snap them off. Hope you find them soon!!

gatorsmom
04-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Ugh. I HATE that. Because I"m blind as a bat and wear thick glasses, my sunglasses are prescription too. A couple of years ago when we were about to go on vacation, I couldn't find them anywhere, which is unlike me. I looked for weeks- couldn't find them. I figured they were lost and unfortunatley was going to need another pair not just for vacation but for the rest of the summer. So, I went to buy another pair. Prescription sunglasses are a couple hundred dollars, you know? Got back from vacation and found the first pair. :banghead:

I now have 2 very nice pairs of sunglasses that I treat like gold. I'm thinking very seriously about Lasiks.

kijip
04-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Ugh. That is so frustrating. Hope you find them.

Ceepa
05-09-2009, 07:38 AM
Bumping for update! :applause:

stefani
05-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Congrats! :applause: It is so cute for your DC said :)

mamaoftwins
05-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Anyway I was so excited I came in wearing them and DC yells, "You found them!" I laughed.

Me: "Thank you for sharing my excitement about finding them."
DC: "Well thank you for sharing your excitement with me."

That is so cute! Glad you found them. :bighand: