PDA

View Full Version : Amy Coe Stamford Crib/Dressers at BRU

Meadow Bend
04-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Does anyone know what is going on with this collection. I put these on my registry a couple months ago, holding off on buying it, b/c I was hoping family would chip in, and now it's out of stock, available, out of stock, discontinued, in stock. I'd grab it if all the pieces were available at one time, only the crib will be available one day and the dresser not, then reversed later. I don't want to risk buying one and not getting the other! I've tried calling the manufacturer, BRU customer service, and BRU sales person. BRU doesn't seem to know what's going on and the manufacturer is not returning my calls.

The dresser normally sells for $299 and once it went out of stock, I saw it being sold online for $1400 at other sites. Is it truly discontinued or is the plant having to make more? I figure I'l wait 2 more months to see if I can get it then I'm going to have to find an alternative.

lorinick
04-10-2009, 05:01 PM
I can't tell you much about the crib but can tell you that my local BRU store isn't going to sell Amy Coe Bedding and acc. any longer I'm sure that is company wide and have marked them down 75% off. The largest mark down I've ever seen. Did I didn't know she sold furn. I could ask tomorrow while I'm working. I work at BRU part time.

Lila
04-10-2009, 07:18 PM
My changer/dresser combo (Stamford) is still in stock on my registery. What's going on, I wonder? I really really want this. Think I should buy it now???

Meadow Bend
04-15-2009, 01:39 PM
I would buy it now, don't wait for someone else to do it. Currently they show the crib and small changing table as in stock, but I really wanted the bigger changing table/dresser. It was available 2-3 weeks ago but the crib wasn't then so I didn't want to purchase unless I could get both. So frustrating....

Lila
04-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Actually, I did just buy the changing table/dresser combo this weekend. The woman at BBRUS said there were 100 left in the warehouse, so we just snatched it up - $269.

Meadow Bend
04-20-2009, 02:31 PM
I went ahead and bought the crib & small changing table (the Amy Coe Stamford). I hate that it's being discontinued but I couldn't find anything I liked with the same quality and in that price range. It seems quite a few of the baby manufacturers are either going out of business or are discontinuing pieces. I guess that's just how things go in this industry. They had 21 of the cribs left and 88 of the changing tables. We hadn't planned on putting these together so soon, but I think we'll get them together right away in case there are issues and we need to exchange.

If this set is what you wanted, don't wait, get it now before it's gone!

mamafish
05-13-2009, 11:42 PM
We bought the whole collection as it was on sale (crib, dresser, and combo changer). It looks great - reviews have been good overall.

If you can, sign up for the BRU rewards - you get coupons each month. We were able to get all 3 pieces on sale, + extra money off for spending certain amount on furniture items. When we asked about the sale/discontinuation the woman at our local store said that the pieces hadn't been selling as well as originally hoped for that collection - so they were discontinuing selling it at BRU.