PDA

View Full Version : Moses basket vs. Snuggle Nest vs. ...

luv2hike
04-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Immediately after Baby is born, I suspect I will be sleeping on a mattress on the floor. What is the best option for keeping Baby nice and close to me on the floor during that crazy nursing-every-hour-or-two stage?

I don't want Baby actually in bed with me. So a Moses basket? Snuggle Nest? Any other ideas??

TIA!
Deborah

lorinick
04-10-2009, 05:06 PM
I never slept on the floor maybe hard if you have stitches or a c section. I nursed and baby slept in the bassinet. You can use a bassinet, pack n play, co- sleeper or cradle kept next to your bed. I love the mosses basket because it's pretty and great to carry around the house. The snuggle nest is designed to be in the bed so maybe skip that idea. There are so many choices but sleeping on the floor may not be doable.

pb&j
04-10-2009, 08:48 PM
I loved our moses basket for DD! It was so easy to move from room to room. We had the PNP w/bassinet set up in our room, but I actually put the moses basket inside the bassinet so she'd feel more secure. When we moved her out of our room, it was a very easy transition - we just put the mb in the crib.

Tondi G
04-12-2009, 12:21 AM
We had a Moses Basket and an Arms reach mini co-sleeper and we liked them both very much!

misshollygolightly
04-12-2009, 08:08 PM
We skipped the Moses basket/snugglenest/arms' reach/etc. and just used the bassinet feature on a packnplay in our bedroom (but then, I wasn't sleeping on the floor). Totally up to you, of course, but I agree with a previous poster: I didn't have a C-section but I did tear pretty badly and was quite sore and I don't think I could have slept well on a mattress on the floor (let alone got up from it without assistance). I also liked using the changing table on the packnplay for middle-of-the-night diaper changes. It was a good height (as was the bassinet feature) and didn't require me to do much bending over, which can be hard after a tough delivery. However, I've had several friends who really rave about both the Moses basket and the arm's reach cosleeper. Hope you find something that works well for you!

zag95
04-14-2009, 12:33 AM
We tried the PNP bassinet feature the first night- and after that our DD slept in her crib! I could hear her perfectly well right across the hall- and it allowed me to sleep and recover from my unplanned C-sec in my bed. I would agree with PPs that sleeping on the floor may be hard, especially while your body is recovering from a major event- birth!!

It made for an easy transition to the crib because we started there- I pumped breastmilk (DD was born with cleft lip and palate and couldn't breastfeed) so it worked all around for us.

GL!

christigpa
04-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Moses Basket, hands down. We had ours on my dresser for about 4 months. A friend gave us a SnuggleNest and we tried it but hated that it took up so much space in our queen size bed.