PDA

View Full Version : Toddler bed rail is about 1" high....

Melaine
04-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Once we put the mattress on it. Did they seriously think that would help? Poor little DD fell off about three times last night. I guess I need to go buy a better rail. Maybe I should've put this in the BP.....

KpbS
04-11-2009, 10:17 AM
You could try a pool noodle (cut down for size if necessary) under the fitted sheet. Haven't tried it yet but I am planning on it this summer for our vacation. Several people here have had success w/ it.

I found that regular kiddie bed rails didn't work with toddler beds b/c they rails were designed to fit in between the mattress and box spring. But yours may be designed differently.

janeybwild
04-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Are you using a boxspring? If so, remove it or use a low profile box spring. Perhaps that will help. good luck

Melaine
04-11-2009, 05:54 PM
DH was able to rig another rail (I hadn't read about the noodle, but that seems like a really good idea.) It was just the little crib mattress, so I just thought it was weird.....approaching night 2 of the toddler bed challenge!

WatchingThemGrow
04-11-2009, 07:21 PM
You could make your own snugtuck pillow if the new system doesn't work. good luck for a peaceful night!

american_mama
04-13-2009, 11:15 PM
I had the same problem, in my case due to using an old bed rail that just wasn't high enough to work with today's much thicker/taller mattresses. One night when she was really sick, she apparently tried to climb over the puny bed rail, tripped on it, and fell flat on hardwood floors. And broke her collarbone. So I ditched the puny bed rail and bought a new one, many of which seemed much taller and better sized for today's mattresses.

Not that that should be the issue if you are using it with a crib mattress. I assume crib mattresses are thinner, so I am as surprised as you that the bed rail is not able to accomodate that.

Melaine
04-14-2009, 07:28 AM
Yikes! that's awful! I think we have fixed it and for once I guess I am glad we still have carpet in their room, as much as I love hardwood floors!