PDA

View Full Version : Easter Basket for a 1 year old

Swimfreak78
04-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Ladies,

I'm stuck on what to put in DS easter basket. Here's what I've thought of so far. BTW he's 1

Sippy Cups with straws
Books
Silverware (12 month size)
a stuffed animal
maybe a small toy

Do kids at age 1 get Easter? Am I over analyzing?

TIA

elephantmeg
04-11-2009, 11:22 AM
I got DD and feeding set for her doll, a toy cell phone and a pair of sunglasses

jgenie
04-11-2009, 11:29 AM
I think you have a nice assortment.

DS is 15 months old. He's getting:
- 2 board books
- 2 wooden cars
- outfit from Daddy's Alma Mater
- small package of goldfish
- small bottle of bubbles

shawnandangel
04-11-2009, 11:39 AM
DD is 6mo and she is getting 4 board books and an apron she can't wear yet from Williams Sonoma ;)
I think your assortment is awesome!

JTsMom
04-11-2009, 11:47 AM
I think your list sounds great. I think I had some of those same things in DS's first basket, along with bubbles, egg shaped sidewalk chalk, and Annie's bunny crackers.

new_mommy25
04-11-2009, 01:36 PM
I think you have all you need. :)

At that age I also included egg shakers (bought from our music class) and a board book.

gatorsmom
04-11-2009, 02:23 PM
I kind of struggled with this too. I don't want our kids to associate Easter with gifts. So, for the twins, I got them each a hollow chocolate bunny and a stuffed, fuzzy bunny. I don't expect them to eat much of the hollow bunny (they don't seem that interested in sweets yet). for some color in their baskets, I threw in some rubber, decorated easter eggs that can be used in the tub to squeeze out water. i'm afraid of the twins choking on jelly beans so none of our kids got small candies in their baskets or that yucky colored grass.

newg
04-11-2009, 04:55 PM
My dd is 1 as well. I'm putting a puzzle and two board books in her easter basket. She got a carters bunny from one grandma and I think she'll be getting some wooden blocks from the other grandma tomorrow.
I really don't want to candy until I have to....so hopefully the next few years she'll be happy with goldfish and other healthy snacks!

maestramommy
04-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Ladies,

Do kids at age 1 get Easter? Am I over analyzing?

TIA

To answer your question, I doubt it (jmho), but if you're gonna do it, why not have fun? I think you have a pretty good assortment there! If you want, you could add a couple of plastic eggs with snacks inside.

sarahsthreads
04-11-2009, 11:18 PM
I definitely don't think they "get" Easter at 1, but they do like new toys! :)

DD2 (9 months) is getting a Precious Moments cross to hang in her room, a small stuffed lamb, a "pancake" bunny (just a flat stuffed bunny), a sheep finger puppet and a container of "organatic" (what DD1 calls them) apple puffs.

She's also going to be crawling around the room the eggs are hidden in, and there are a few hidden at her level, but we'll be certain not to let her actually open any eggs as they have a few pieces of candy for DD1.

I kind of wish I'd thought of the practical stuff that you have, since we have more than enough stuffed toys in this house already!

Sarah :)

wellyes
04-12-2009, 07:23 AM
Mine is 1 and DH & I are enjoying our last basket/gift free Easter LOL.

Honestly when I was a kid the baskets were full of candy and I think I'll continue that tradition when it's time for DD to get a basket (next year)......... not all sugar, but consumables. I like the idea that finding the hidden basket is the treat of the day instead of presents.

Swimfreak78
04-12-2009, 07:49 AM
Update - DS loved his "basket" which was actually a big green sand bucket with his name on it in puff paint. I had unpackaged everything and washed it prior to putting it in - so he could put it in his mouth which is just what he did. We used the spoon at breakfast and he seemed to like that. He doesn't understand the sippies with straws yet - it was pretty funny to watch. Thanks everyone for all your help.

A