PDA

View Full Version : Coupons in Magazines

jellibeans
04-11-2009, 04:38 PM
I went to Babies R Us today and saw some magazines which reminded me that I wanted a Gymboree coupon out of one of them. I was planning on buying the Parents (or Parenting, I don't remember which one has the coupon) but they were already ripped out of the magazines!!! Do you consider that stealing? I ended up buying the FitPregnancy magazine (I am not pregnant, but wanted the coupon) because I just couldn't bring myself to tearing the coupon out without buying the magazine! So, what do you guys thing? Would you pay the few dollars and buy the magazine or would you just tear the coupon out of the magazine at the store?

ett
04-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Yes, I would definitely consider that stealing. I would buy the magazine if I wanted the coupon.

JTsMom
04-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Yes, I would definitely consider that stealing. I would buy the magazine if I wanted the coupon.

:yeahthat:

inmypjs
04-11-2009, 09:21 PM
I am a coupon freak, but even I would not do that!

vonfirmath
04-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Tearing something out of something you don't own, without the permission of the owner (even those junky "Subscribe to the magazine" cards) is stealing.

so is taking the coupons out of a Sunday paper. (Which I've also seen)

As you know, some people buy those things JUST for the coupons. Therefore taking the coupon without purchasing it is making those items valueless, and stealing from the company planning to sell it, and perhaps a future purchaser who forgets to check first!

wellyes
04-12-2009, 07:30 AM
I'm glad you thought to look first!

Just yesterday I bought a box of those puffs (baby food) and when I got home I discovered that someone had ripped off the protective coating and taken a few. Probably just to feed their kid, but you never know. Of course I threw it away.

I'd much rather someone shoplifted something from the store instead of ruining stuff that OTHER people are going to spend money on!

Swimfreak78
04-12-2009, 07:50 AM
I think taking that coupon is wrong. That said, I have taken the junky "subscribe to magazaine cards" out when I've looked at mags at the library but I always put them back.