PDA

View Full Version : Bugaboo Cameleon Canopy Problem

skicolorado27
04-12-2009, 02:07 AM
We just received our Cameleon and put it together. Warning-instruction manual is not that helpful. The stroller looks great but it took my husband 4+ hours to put the thing together.

We are concerned because the canopy that comes with the bassinett/stroller does not stay perfectly upright. There seems to be some slack in the hood and it does not appear as tight as it does in the photos.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I plan to call Bugaboo this week but am hoping there is an easy fix.

feisao
04-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Had the same problem and called Bugaboo several months ago. Reverse the canopy clamp setup. Put the canopy clamp that is on the left side and install it on the right side and vice-versa for the other clamp.

That should solve your problem.

codex57
04-13-2009, 03:34 PM
I haven't had the problem, but feisao's suggestion sounds totally reasonable. Those directions were awful. It took me forever too (I really dreaded it when DS outgrew the bassinet and I had to change it to the stroller seat). I think I got my canopy on properly through trial and error. For all I know, I might have reversed the setup and done it just like feisao did. I certainly didn't follow the directions cuz it didn't seem to work when I tried following them.

Once it's set up tho, the stroller is awesome.