PDA

View Full Version : The inevitable MIL Bit*h

hillview
04-12-2009, 11:29 AM
- Won't eat my homemade bread as it comes from a breakmaking machine so had to go buy some at the store
- Since she got here she won't come sit in the living room but stays in her room away from DSs. Huh? So you flew from England to sit in your room?
- Said we had a "terrible garden" um thanks -- we just had it redone but it is early APRIL in New England which means brown grass and no flowers!
- Called DS #2 fat (this drives me insane)

Oh and she fell in the shower! I feel so bad -- why she and SIL wouldn't have her shower in OUR shower like I suggested which has NO tub but is a walk in is beyond me. So she pulled a muscle and "can't move." Didn't go to "not a real" circus and won't eat with the rest of us. She "thought she had died" but neither MIL nor SIL came to get me or DH (DH is trained in medicine) and instead spent the night in pain. WTF.

SIGH. 3 more days!
/hillary

JTsMom
04-12-2009, 11:46 AM
OMG, I think you win the MIL bitch prize! What a piece of work! You deserve a week at the spa for putting up with that nonsense.

Twoboos
04-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Um, you win, each one is worse than the last!!! My MIL does the "sit in her room" thing too. Because DDs are "too loud." Yah, they're 5 & 3, they do not know voice modulation (although we are always working on it).

Three more days. you can do it you can do it you can do it!!! (Please pass along any tips for dealing, I have MIL coming in 3 weeks. I am already annoyed and worked up.)

maestramommy
04-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Holy cr@p! What a piece of work she is! If she has such a poor opinion of your home and doesn't really want to be around your kids, why DOES she fly all the way from England??

elliput
04-12-2009, 03:47 PM
How incredibly rude!

The first one has me scratching my head. If she bought bread from a store (unless it was an artisan bakery), the bread was mass produced by a commercial bread machine. Whatever. :rolleye0014:

maylips
04-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Okay - now I'm feeling bad for my MIL post (see Goldilocks thread). I feel for you because that is just uncalled for.

My mom will sometimes get on my computer while visiting me and pretty much shut all of us out for hours while she surfs her blogs. Drives me crazy - uh, didn't you come visit us for a reason?!?! I can't imagine coming across the pond, only to shut myself away from my grandkids. Weird.

Hope your DH is sympathetic and sees what his crazy mom is doing!

niccig
04-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Holy cr@p! What a piece of work she is! If she has such a poor opinion of your home and doesn't really want to be around your kids, why DOES she fly all the way from England??

:yeahthat: She spent several hundred pounds, sat on a plane for 8-10 hours to not spend anytime with the kids?? I know several people who experience the same, why come visit the grandkids if you find them too loud/annoying :confused: :confused:

3 more days...and then you definitely need to head off to the spa...

Wife_and_mommy
04-12-2009, 07:17 PM
What's up with rude gp's who don't want to spend time with their grandkids? :shake:

We have a set too so you have my sympathies. :hug:

KBecks
04-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Wow. I can't imagine having anyone call my child fat.

stella
04-12-2009, 10:32 PM
How bizarre!

And btw: do you think any of us will EVER get to the point where we lose touch with how loud houses with children are? Childless or older visitors are constantly amazed at how busy and active our house is - yes, it's pretty well constant. When do we rest? Well, we don't. But how do the MILs and parents forget about this time?

DrSally
04-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Wow, weird. Most people would love homemade bread over store bought. What granny would ever call their GC fat? So, she insults your home, kids and food. Niiiiice.

MCsMom
04-13-2009, 07:05 PM
WAAAAAH!
Send her back across the pond before she makes more cracks about your DS's weight!
How rude!