PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal on a Dreamer Design jogging stroller?

jmeyer23
04-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Hi all,
I've done a search in this thread but haven't really found my answer, so TIA for any help.

My DH and I are searching for a true jogging stroller. He jogs/runs and I walk, but I'm hoping to start moving faster! I've been checking out the BOB Ironman, but stopped at a local baby store and they had a 2008 Dreamer Design stroller on "clearance" for $199. It is aluminum frame, 20 inch wheels. It looked like it would be a good fit for us, and for just over 1/2 the cost of the BOB I was looking at. I came back to do some research and have since learned that the company is no longer around, so I'm curious if this is even a good deal. It was his last one, and a floor model. (He said they used to carry a lot of DD but that customers have been wanting more Baby Joggers, so that's what he mostly carries now. He said it was found in the warehouse behind a bunch of stuff so not technically a floor model.) He never once mentioned that DD was out of business, so I'm wondering if he was trying to pull a fast one and get this out of his store.

Any thoughts? Opinions on Dreamer Design? Anything? I HATE not being told the 100% truth but just not sure. Thanks!

PeppyParents
04-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Hi,

The Dreamer Design Rebound GST jogger with 20" wheels is a good overall choice for a serious jogging stroller. Features are pretty good, and quality is pretty good.

$199 is also a pretty good price.

However, your biggest issue is that if ANYTHING goes wrong, you will pay for its repair, since there is no warranty support. So, you have to gamble if you think you'll avoid any serious repair work while you use the stroller. And that assumes that the repair wouldn't require a specific part from Dreamer Design (i.e., which is out of business).

With the comparable (and lighter) BOB Ironman or SUS D'Lux at $349, you'd pay $150 more for a 5-year warranty.

And also think about resale value. If you take care of your BOB, you may sell it a few years later for half the purchase price.

Dreamer Design resale value is going to be much lower.

For me, I wouldn't want to take the chance that anything would go wrong with the Dreamer Design jogger; rather than spending $150 more on a better overall stroller.

My thoughts, for what they are worth!!

cindys
04-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Dont know if you have a Costco in your area but they were carrying these strollers for $99.

SM23Mama21
04-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Dont know if you have a Costco in your area but they were carrying these strollers for $99.

I just saw them at Costco today for $114.

kimberley-k
04-13-2009, 10:25 PM
I love my Dreamer Design jogging stroller!

-Kim