PDA

View Full Version : Munire backorder - are they kidding?!?!?

cranberry27
04-13-2009, 03:18 PM
My Munire Deco crib and dresser are in (after about 10 weeks of waiting) but they are now estimating that my Urban bookcase will not be in until JULY. I can't believe it! It's going to take them SEVEN MONTHS (February to July) to get a bookcase?

I am due in four weeks, so I have to have my crib and dresser delivered now and either pay the delivery charge again or pick it up myself once the bookshelf comes in.

I am so frustrated and don't know what to do next.

shawnandangel
04-14-2009, 11:03 PM
I am so sorry this happened to you! I don't know what I would do. How attached are you to that bookcase? Can you get another one in a similar look/finish from somewhere else?

I would also call whomever you ordered the crib from and ask to speak to a manager and explain your situation. If they still insist you pay double shipping charges I would cancel my order for the bookshelf.

Good luck and best wishes for a safe delivery and healthy baby!

zag95
04-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Get another bookcase! find one that either is similar in color or go with a different color- if your furniture is all dark- you could get one unfinished and have your DH stain it for you....

that is crazy! But isn't that just murphy's law that when you want it- it takes forever?!!

Congrats- enjoy that new baby!

crimscrem
06-07-2009, 06:47 PM
My Munire Deco crib and dresser are in (after about 10 weeks of waiting) but they are now estimating that my Urban bookcase will not be in until JULY. I can't believe it! It's going to take them SEVEN MONTHS (February to July) to get a bookcase?

I am due in four weeks, so I have to have my crib and dresser delivered now and either pay the delivery charge again or pick it up myself once the bookshelf comes in.

I am so frustrated and don't know what to do next.

Have you called Munire or are you going by what the store is telling you? May not be Munire's fault but your store's fault. Keep in mind that the store places the order with the manufacturer. I say this because we've never had delivery issues. Our first bedroom set order in 2006 arrived in 4 weeks. Our second bedroom set order this year arrived in 6 weeks. Sorry to hear about the delay.