PDA

View Full Version : Sick of Being Sick!!!!!!!!!!!

Indianamom2
04-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Okay, I know I can't be the only one, but since getting pregnant in October, I have been sick constantly. I have rarely had a full week off without catching "something" else. Well, to be fair, the first 17 weeks, I had vicious morning sickness too, but since then, it's been one cold or sinus infection nearly constantly.

Starting this Saturday, I came down with what absolutely positively has to be a sinus infection. I have every single symptom (except a fever) for a maxillary sinus infection....my upper right teeth throb, my right cheek throbs, I'm blowing the thickest nastiest stuff out and when I blow, it send sharp shooting pain up into my temples....you name it, I've got the symptoms.

I went to the doctor today (not the OB) and he could find no evidence of an infection. Okay fine...then explain why I feel so dang lousy! He did prescribe Flonase, which I've never taken, and which I "think" is safe during pregnancy, but daggone it....I just want to feel better...RIGHT NOW!~

I'm done now.

Christina

dogmom
04-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Try nasal irrigation, it really can help lots of people stuck on a treadmill of frequent colds/sinus infections. It was originally a yoga practice, but modern medicine has taken in up in recent years and it has shown to be helpful in clinical studies. If you do a internet search I'm sure you would find instructions, and it is completely safe while pregnant.

I sympathize, I got a cold with my DD about week 4 of my pregnancy and I finally got rid of it day 3 post-partum. I didn't know much about nasal irrigation back then, I would try it now.