PDA

View Full Version : You know what seriously PISSES me off????

Corie
04-13-2009, 09:15 PM
...when my husband loses patience with the kids within 30 minutes of getting
home from work.

DrSally
04-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Yeah, like you haven't had a multitude of opportunities to lose your cool, but you haven't. You're looking for a reprive, help, and some family time, rather than a grump that walks in and rains on everyone's parade. I hear ya.

happymomma
04-13-2009, 09:49 PM
I totally understand this bitc*. I have the same one. It is especially irritating when they lose it just when you are looking for some peace and quiet. Instead you hear a lot of yelling at the kids.

catpagmo
04-13-2009, 10:03 PM
Me too! I could have written that post myself.

Sigh.

frgsnlzrds
04-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Oh, I'm totally right there with you. Hugs!

mamaoftwins
04-14-2009, 04:58 AM
*sigh* Oh yes, been there. :hug:

eliasmom
04-14-2009, 07:03 AM
AMEN! It bugs me the most on the days when DD has been testing limits all day and I have been really successful in not getting sucked into her emotional roller coaster. DH will come home, DD will do or say something that is, honestly, not that bad at all and DH will snap at her and threaten her with a time out. Ummm, hi, maybe YOU need a time out, DH?!?!

maestramommy
04-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Aww, man that's not right. Doesn't sound like your Dh either. :hug5:

Ceepa
04-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Yes. It really bothers me, too. I feel like I have to work twice as hard during that first hour DH is home to keep everyone calm and moving.

justincase
04-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Oh, so right there with you! And I really don't have much room to complain in the DH department, but this one bothers me. I know, I know, his job is very stressful right now and he wants to come home to peace himself but *still* -- I've been managing all day or for at least a couple of hours depending on the day of the week. This gets me every time. Maybe PP's suggestion of a time-out for DH is exactly what is needed! Dear DH, we can't understand you when you speak that way; please go sit quietly in your room until you are calmed down and ready to talk nicely to us! :D I honestly think things were better when he had the horribly long commute he used to have -- he could blast his music and think his thoughts and decompress on the way home and arrive at the door calm and sane.

KHF
04-14-2009, 09:16 AM
I hear you. With us it mostly has to do with DH's commute (35 miles, 1 hour) from work on one of the busiest interstates in the midwest, but REALLY. Leave it at the door DH...

I work full time too, but don't have as much of a commute. Usually in the hour between 5-6 I've already picked up the kids, done the dishes, fed the baby, fixed DD's dinner, started our dinner and have started a load of laundry.

He comes in and gets upset because DD's shoes are in the living room floor.

Twoboos
04-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Yep, I hear ya. DD2 does one of her usual antics, and DH is yelling, "TIME OUT!!" Um, not very effective DH. Just matter-of-factly tell her and put her there.

And really, I am the one with about an ounce of patience around here - and he loses it after being home for minutes, when I've been struggling through for 12hrs. OY!

hellokitty
04-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Oh I hate that too. We sometimes have the same problem here and I feel like asking my DH what his problem is. FWIW, his work hrs is pretty good with his current job, so *usually* he is not too stressed out with work.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
04-14-2009, 08:58 PM
You've got this too? I just thought my dh had developed split personalities.

gatorsmom
04-14-2009, 11:07 PM
Ugh, I hate this too. Sometimes if he's with them and I'm in the other room putting clothes away or something, I'll hear him yelling at them and jsut lose it. I usually end up walking in and yelling at him to get out and go to his man-cave or somewhere else. It makes me so mad.

niccig
04-14-2009, 11:11 PM
DH is usually a very patient man, but not with DS. I tell him to leave DS be and let DS do it his way, eg. put his own shoes on, as it's faster for DS to do it, then for you to insist on doing it and DS melting down. But DH won't listen. I'm with DS ALL the time, I know what works and what won't work, but DH has to find out the hard way.