PDA

View Full Version : BJCE steering not as good as BOB AW?

SomeoneLikeYou
04-14-2009, 12:28 PM
MH was just able to get his hands and eyes on the Elite and loved it (yay!!!!...it's the one *I* want lol) except he said it was hard to steer (compared to the BOB which he is a huge fan of).

Did anyone experience this as well? He did'nt have DD with him nor did he plop a heavy backpack in the stroller to test out a little weight...could that have been a cause for poorer steering? Mind you...the BOB steered like a dream but I thought the elite was supposed to as well.

Momof3Labs
04-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Were the tires properly inflated? Were the front wheels locked or unlocked? Was it a floor model that had issues?

SomeoneLikeYou
04-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Were the tires properly inflated? Were the front wheels locked or unlocked? Was it a floor model that had issues?

As far as I know it was actually fresh out of the box it shipped in. MH actually had a hand in putting it together with the owner lol. So I wonder if they just didn't attach things properly? I would hope MH would be able to tell if the wheel was locked or on swivel!! lol

He didn't say it was terrible to push (as, I'd imagine would be his report if he had it on 'lock' or even in some place between lock and swivel)...it was more of a "eh, the bob steered easier and this one was a bit harder to steer around, bob handled better" kind of thing.....

PeppyParents
04-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Hi,

If the City Elite was hard to steer, something was wrong. It handles and steers far above the average stroller.

That said, the BOB Revolution will "feel" lighter to steer than the City Elite.

BJCE is far above average, and the BOB is WAY far above average. :)

I hope that helps.

clb
04-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Hi,

If the City Elite was hard to steer, something was wrong. It handles and steers far above the average stroller.

That said, the BOB Revolution will "feel" lighter to steer than the City Elite.

BJCE is far above average, and the BOB is WAY far above average. :)

I hope that helps.
:yeahthat:

The BOB moves with one finger. The BJCE needs a hand.

Mine would not move at all if the brake was on.

KHF
04-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Our BJCED arrived at our house fresh out of the box with partially deflated tires. So it's entirely possible that the tires weren't completely inflated.

Momof3Labs
04-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Yeah, if it was fresh out of the box, the tires needed inflating, as ours did when it arrived a couple of weeks ago.

SomeoneLikeYou
04-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Yeah, if it was fresh out of the box, the tires needed inflating, as ours did when it arrived a couple of weeks ago.

AW! Okay then. I'll tell him. Phew! He did say it looked alot 'cooler' than the Bob :) Hopefully taking a ride out there to see it when DD wakes up!!!

purpelina
04-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Definitely check out the tires, even though mine were fine out of the box. But recently I noticed same "harder to push" thing (after almost a year of use!), inflated the tires just a bit and it helped. Another thing to try: adjust the handle to horizontal position, similar to bob's. it's the most convenient way to push the stroller. (either bob or baby jogger), I'd say you only need different handle bar settings for very tall or very petite ppl, or if you try going up and down a few steps, then putting the handle all the way up and slightly tipping the strolelr on the back wheels let's you do that easier.

SomeoneLikeYou
04-15-2009, 09:38 AM
..........Another thing to try: adjust the handle to horizontal position, similar to bob's. it's the most convenient way to push the stroller.

Thanks, Purple! I'll try that, too. I also called BJ proper and got some reassurance that 1)this is NOT a common complaint and 2)if it happens to me again (unlikely) they will replace/fix whatever is the problem.

KHF
04-15-2009, 09:44 AM
You know, I think I know what you are talking about, except it doesn't often happen to me with my BJ, it happens all the time with my Bug Frog though. It's like the swivel doesn't swivel fast enough with you in a turn and kind of scrapes some? It's hard to explain. I think it may have happen a couple of times with the BJ, but it seems like it was when I was in a gravelly, almost sandy area of our zoo...and now that I think about it, maybe on the super-smooth concrete floor at our Sam's Club. Maybe it's a traction issue?

I know I could use new front wheels on the Bug, so maybe that's the problem? It just didn't get the traction it needed on the superslick floors? Don't know...just a thought.

WatchingThemGrow
04-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Thanks, Purple! I'll try that, too. I also called BJ proper and got some reassurance that 1)this is NOT a common complaint and 2)if it happens to me again (unlikely) they will replace/fix whatever is the problem.

yeah, they are great about warranty stuff, really great!

SomeoneLikeYou
04-15-2009, 11:04 AM
You know, I think I know what you are talking about, except it doesn't often happen to me with my BJ, it happens all the time with my Bug Frog though. It's like the swivel doesn't swivel fast enough with you in a turn and kind of scrapes some? It's hard to explain. I think it may have happen a couple of times with the BJ, but it seems like it was when I was in a gravelly, almost sandy area of our zoo...and now that I think about it, maybe on the super-smooth concrete floor at our Sam's Club. Maybe it's a traction issue?

I know I could use new front wheels on the Bug, so maybe that's the problem? It just didn't get the traction it needed on the superslick floors? Don't know...just a thought.

Your description nails it!! It absolutely scraped. Good word! lol