PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal for a Joovy Ultralight used?

jrhoads
04-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Hello - I have a BOB duallie for outside and zoo/disney trips that I love. However, now I need a light, easy stroller for mall trips. I have a 1 &3 year old and was thinking that a joovy ultralight would work out nicely. I found one on Craigslist for $125. It looks like it is in pretty good shape with just a small tear on the handlebar from taking it in and out of the trunk.
I know I can get a new Joovy (not ultralight for about $139) Is it worth it to get a used ultralight instead? Is this a good deal?

Thank you so much! I just love getting all of your advice!

jrhoads
04-15-2009, 03:39 PM
bump - anyone?

daniele_ut
04-15-2009, 03:45 PM
I paid $199 for my Joovy Ultralight on Amazon during a really good sale last year. I'd say $125 is a good deal if it's in excellent condition. I might offer $100 for it and see what they say.

Frankly, I think the Ultralight is worth the extra money. It steers much better.

BayAreaMom
04-15-2009, 06:00 PM
I paid $45 for a used one on the local mother's club board that was in great condition but needed a good cleaning. Usually on the Bay Area craigslist I've seen them for around $75. So I'd say that $125 is a tad too much but if you really want it you might be bummed to pass it up because they can be hard to find.

That aside, I've heard some kids outgrow the front seat pretty quickly. It's not a very big seat, nor is the rear seat. My kids will be 3 years apart and I figured I would use it mostly while my youngest (due any day now) will be in a carseat or <1. My 3 YO already seems a bit big for the rear seat. The stroller is also HUGE when folded, and obviously huge when pushing.

jrhoads
04-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Thank you! I think I will pass on it!